Advice on a pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldbuzzhashit

Domanic
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just returned from doing a bit of swinging, at an old train station, only found a few things but the noise was incredible, every move was a low high low or high low high, And when pinpointing, "well s&$t forget it"

what pinpointed would you forum recommend? :|

Was there much nearby in the way of overhead power lines, radio towers, large steel structures etc?

Not too much, but the city rail boys pulled up and stated that they use to use iron stone for the bending under the rails, would that make that much diffrence and the rail lines still their. :|
Check out the pic's on the coin rel pages

Yeah that will do it, you should be able to over come the iron stone but the rail lines might be a problem. Have you got yourself a DD search coil for the Infinium?

Yep, bugger forget to say that I was using a 8" mono, should give the dd a go next time. :eek:
And I need a good digger, bugger the Bunnings garden multi tool, bends to easy. Any one got one!

Yeah just see how it goes, if your detecting on nothing but iron stone I don't like your chances of quietening it down.

About to make my own digger - broken leaf spring makes for a good blade

Hi guys

Im looking to get a pin pointer in the not to distant future.

I have my eyes on either the Garrett Pro Pointer or Minelab Pro Find 25

Both are roughly the same price. There are $30 ones on eBay but some how I don't think they have the goods to keep up.

What's the general consensus on pin pointers around here.

G,day All,

Had My minelab propoint 25 for about one week now and wouldn't be without it , three outings and recouped a fair bit of the cost with coins which was a bonus , 95% recovery rate plus in the worst going after dark, beats the old bit of wire trick poking around ! On one trip the Little Flower went with Me and she was very impressed ! Do One's Self a favour and get one !!!!

Regards L/R

Use the Garret Pro pointer lots when swinging the 18' coils, and they sure limit the size of the excavations required. Cheap insurance for an old back..Cheers wal. :)

I also use a Garrett ProPointer and so far haven't had any problems. I can't comment on the Minelab equivalent but I agree with Axeman in regards to staying away from the cheapies.

Pro-Pointer also usefull when prospecting and panning........... when super-tuned it will detect very small gold bits.

ivanll

I think it is horses for courses SG. A Holden vs Ford debate. I think you would be happy with which ever you chooose, Garrett or Minelab.
I personaly have the Minelab Profind25 and have had no troubles with it so far. It was just what I decided to buy on the day. I would probably be just as
content with the Garrett. They are definitely worth every cent. Saves lots of time and energy.

I agree with dogmatic. I use a garrett Pro Pointer and although I have all minelab detectors, I just don't see a need to change. Either one would be great. Not to have one just wastes time when recovering items.

In the same frame as Dogmatic. I originally bought a cheepie from fleabay...bad mistake, waste of money
I use a Minelab ProPointer [when I remember the batteries] Just saves time and energy when the hole gets too big.

Latest posts