Action Thread about HighBanking in NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate I wish I knew the real way to change it, and perhaps its a challenge to the law/legislation because through lobby and protest I cant see it could further the cause, which is disheartening.

These rules are placed upon custodians who give nothing but good outcomes based around real world actions and experience and I doubt they have any sense of the recreation found in the true outdoors.

Its the same with many things these days, certainly not all progress is good progress. Sure the good old days werent always good, but those that took the time to enjoy them understand the real value of spending that time outdoors.

Its a worrying trend from even when I was a kid, those beautiful freedoms that I enjoyed will not be available to the coming generations if the current state of things is anything to go by.

Any way Ill stop ranting, common sense hasnt helped much. Just truly sad to see they can write peoples freedoms away without any real basis, and in doing so ignoring the real world effects it has on rural communities who could do with all the help they can get. It wont break people, but it doesnt help.

I do believe that NAPFA has stated as much in the past to more than one in power. But as soon as some headway is made roadblocks are put in their way, and or the coal post are moved and it is back to square one for NAPFA. This set of fossicking guides was set by the Resources Regulator (RR), and not the Division of Resources & GeoScience (DRG).

What these departments are looking at is this, just how strong is NAPFAs membership. Hence the need to be able to show just how strong we are, and that can only be done through numbers. Fellow prospectors if you do not belong to NAPFA than may I be so bold and ask you to join. At this point in time your support is needed, just by been a member is enough.

Cheers and thanks for reading what I have been banging on about, at days end if we dont stand as one then were done.

To Join NAPFA please click the link below, I would also like to point out you can join and pay online now.

https://www.napfa.net/Join-the-rebellion.html

Jemba

I am a member and have been for a few years.
Where is it getting us?

I am sure the execs of Napfa are doing their best to represent the members interests, yet I do not think they have a chance of changing the attitudes of these pollies and public servents

We need to gang up on these people ( Pollies) and vote them out and vote in thinking people who will represent us as a hobby group.

Now I am not sure who that is, however I think if we lobbied and threw our full support behind the right people we could get somewhere.
I fear it is almost too late no matter who we have backing us.
Lets talk politics on this subject so dumb azzes like me know who to vote for to make this right..

Sounds like there new brochure has cause severe mental distress and injury to our members.

I wonder if we have an obligation to report it on their incident hotline ?

Did anyone read the disclaimer?

State of New South Wales through Department of Planning, Industry and Environment 2019. You may copy, distribute, display,
download and otherwise freely deal with this publication for any purpose, provided that you attribute the Department of Planning,
Industry and Environment as the owner. However, you must obtain permission if you wish to charge others for access to the
publication (other than at cost); include the publication in advertising or a product for sale; modify the publication; or republish the
publication on a website. You may freely link to the publication on a departmental website.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this publication is based on knowledge and understanding at the time of writing (July 2019)
and may not be accurate, current or complete. The State of New South Wales (including the NSW Department of Planning, Industry
and Environment), the author and the publisher take no responsibility, and will accept no liability, for the accuracy, currency, reliability
or correctness of any information included in the document (including material provided by third parties). Readers should make their
own inquiries and rely on their own advice when making decisions related to material contained in this publication.

Document control
Published by NSW Resources Regulator
Title: Fossicking: A guide to fossicking in NSW
First published: October 2010
CM9 Reference: PUB18/190
resourcesregulator.nsw.gov.au

StoneTheCrows said:
Jemba I am a member and have been for a few years. Where is it getting us?

This is a very good question, and I will try to answer the question the best way i can. Me, not been the sharpest tool in the shed will give it my best shot and will be stated without any malace intended.

First one must ask them selfes were would we be without the input to government from such lobby groups. And at this point I must state no matter in which part of Australia you live in , if your lobby group is not getting your support than that lobby group is very limited as to just how far they can push the powers to be, remember it is the strength of membership of that lobby group which comes into consideration in such events.

I do know what we have lost here in NSW without the input from a lobby group. And what we are now fighting to keep with a lobby group. As stated in a line of post I did here some time back, which I will repost my answer to a question asked of me back then. And you will see just part of what we have lost.

Taken from.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23040

post #128 4 June 2019 01:14 pm.

Have you ever wondered just how much we have lost here in NSW in regards to fossicking not to mention what is going on in other states? When did it all start and where will it all end? To me one of the most important losses taken from the prospectors in NSW was the loss of our miners right in the 90,s and it has been all down hill from there. As an example I will post a document which will show just how important that miners right was and just how much we lost when they took it away. I see a lot of people saying that NAFPA is sitting on their hands over the high banking question, and that been quite incorrect. For a lot of work has been going on in the background which cant be made public. I only wish we had NAFPA back at the start of the demise of prospecting in NSW I can only imagine we would not be were we are now trying to play catchup. On page 2 of the posted document please read the ruling under claim and you will see at an instant what we have lost. And that was just the start, check out the mining laws past and present as to the state you live in as to what has been lost . There is a lot more I could add to this document but been on a open forum I am unable to do so.

1582840018_00.jpg

1582840044_0.jpg

On page 2 look at section 4.

Cheers Jemba.

If We Dont Stand As One Then Were Done.

:Y:

Come on guys you are being harsh!

The below pics are of the Coal Mine at Hunter Valley with full environmental approvals and no way harm the environment, water tables, local creeks or create any dust particles.

1582844040_hunter_valley_mine.jpg

Hunter Valley Operations

1582845081_3km.jpg

3 km wide hole

1582844074_hunter_valley_mines.jpg

Birdseye view of most of the mines.

1582844273_highbanker.jpg

Individual ruining the environment that is against the law. This Country has gone mad!!!!!!!!

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

If I can manage any environmental risk i.e eliminate turbidity and restore the ground after finishing I will fire up the banker I reckon.

I m sick of upstarts trying to control our freedoms. As long as your activities don't affect others its all go.

Im not even prospecting, Im out here exercising by shovelling.

Old timers wouldnt have stood for it. Rebellion.

Mass highbanker get together.

RS

Never been to Oallen but always want too.

Would you prefer to be chained or supa glued to your hi banker!!!!

Would it be illegal to have a highbanker in your possession in NSW.

Next they will be banning cracker night.....................oh yeah forget they already have!

We would be a mighty force. 6 old people with bad backs taking on the NSW riot squad.

Ar$eholes

Retirement Stone said:
Never been to Oallen but always want too.

Would you prefer to be chained or supa glued to your hi banker!!!!

Would it be illegal to have a highbanker in your possession in NSW.

Next they will be banning cracker night.....................oh yeah forget they already have!

We would be a mighty force. 6 old people with bad backs taking on the NSW riot squad.

Ar$eholes

Better make that 7 I would be there with me bad back & crook knees, man what a force we would be. ;)

GaryO said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4018/1582851519_outlaw.jpg

OUTLAW !

I saved this picture from 2017 because i thought it said a million words on the subject. My apologies to the original poster from PA who uploaded it , as I couldnt find the original thread it was from. I'm sure someone will know who it was. It's just a brilliant photo.

Crim in the making.

It's starts out innocently with the occasional highbanking session which always leads to Meth and stealing cars later in in life.

Straight to juvi for that young lass.

:( :brokenh:

Here is another Outlaw ruining the environment.This photo was used in a NAPFA newsletter and he is my son who asks me quite regularly when can we go highbanking again.The powers that be have no idea what they have taken away from us,they have taken away days in the great outdoors with our kids,family time.Get the kids outside being active they say,not inside playing xbox they say,fat lazy kids will be a burden on the health system in the future they say.What a joke.Love the idea of a mass highbanking protest.
1582867242_03cb65b0-6fd5-40aa-b36e-ef5e04477530.jpg

Latest posts