A little bit of SEQ gold - Glendon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
Well its been a while since I have been out for a dig and it finally got the better of me.
I have been out of work for a while and to spend time during that period was the reno on the house which eventually got the better of me and I decided I needed to get of the house so to speak.
On the flip side I did get to have 2 job interviews yesterday, so fingers crossed.
I decided on a 3 night trip with the boys and just to get the youngest fellow away from any type of electronic gizmo is an adventure all in it's own.
Finally got away about midday, but was a bit worried about the wild rain we encountered on the way up thru Cunninghams Gap and thru Warwick.
We kept on going and the further away from Warwick the finer the weather. For the time we had there the weather was perfect for camping.
Camp fire, Marshmellows and a creek to swim in, cant get any better than that.... well not to forget the gold in the pan.
Plenty of Wildlife around also with wallabies bounding thru the camp, also plenty of reptiles and bird life.

Perfect campsite, we had the place to ourselves.

Bacon and Eggs for a heart starter on day one.

Zach crevicing.

First lot to come to light, not much but gold is gold and its in the bag.

Not a good look but taking it easy back at camp panning out the cons.

After a day of getting dirty one or two of these was on order.

Chillin' out at the El Rancho Relaxo.

Day 2 getting into it. A lot of digging then carting the material down to the dam for washing.

Young Alex got some nice little specks in his pan.. straight into the bottle dad..Thanks.

A little bit more of the hard earned yellow.

A local Kooka.

Nice looking Goanna.

Apostle birds everywhere.

We had a blast as usual and the young fella praised himself for not playing hardly any games at all.
Plenty to do around camp and the boys really enjoyed it.
I still have 12 more bkts of dirt to run yet so hopefully it will be some more shots of yellow added to this post.
Cheers
Brad.....

Awesome mate, quality time with the boys, the would appreciate it more than you did, great to see aushunter.

Aushunter that looks like a real family friendly place to camp for a few days :)

Is it all just panning or can you run a sluice as well?

Well done on the gold stuff to.

cheers :)

Thanks fellas for looking.
You can run the banker up in the gullies if there is enough water to do so or go down to the dam and wash the dirt thru.
It was a quality week with the boys and they are trying to gear me up for another run.
I think some others are heading for run out that way soon, might do a day run then,
Cheers
Brad....

Well I put a handful of dirt out of one of the buckets and score another 8 little bits so I think 12 buckets of that dirt should give a little mre gold.
At the moment I am sieving it down to a manageable size to run thru the sluice here at home.
Brad...

I should be able to finish off sieving the bkts tomorrow.
I went up to Mount Tamborine today and did a bit of Thunder egg fossicking and scored some Baseball sized lumps.
It was a tourist thing but the boys had a ball and then we did a bit off a bush walk afterwards.
We got a about 3 bkts of Thunder eggs, so it was well worth it.
Cheers
Brad...

geez aushunter....youll definately have to come out on the queens birthday long weekend and show me around haha....thats when im plannign on heading up and hopefully we can have a few of us out there

I will try to get out there on the Queens B'day weekend, just see if the pennies will let me.
Plenty of Places to have a dig but bring heaps of buckets for the dirt.
Cheers
Brad...

cheers aus, yeh my cousin works for a council (wont say where) and he gets heavy duty 42L flexitubs every now and then so we have a good collection of big and small ones

Well fellas, I headed on out to put the final cons thru the little sluice I made up and was totally happy with the final pan.
This was out of 4 full bkts of classified wash and 1 1/2 hr run with the 12V sluice.
The boys went for a swim and I sluice away at my hearts content.

This is the little 12V unit that I made up, and it work pretty good.

I need to refine this end of the unit.

After an hour and a half, turned of the sluice and was greeted with a couple of pickers.

A nice little show.

Close up of the bigger bits.

Bit over 0.6grams for the final tally.

The 2 larrikans.

Till next time, Take care.
Cheers
Brad....

gcause, I scored this lot from a so called "worked out" spot, still plenty of it there.
I think next time I will take out my big gal tub and sieve out the big rubbish down to half inch material and load up bkts then cart them down to the dam.
The sluice seems to work pretty well with that little pump, it is a section of 200mm galvanised shed column and it seems to match the volume of water pumped out by the 2000gph 12V pump.
I am happy with it for sure.
I like getting the wild gold, flaming good therapy.
Cheers
Brad...

Latest posts