4.325kg Nugget Recently Found Vic GT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LC76 said:
Bogger said:
LC76 said:
Awesome find.
All I really want to know is what was it found on private land or crown land and how deep?

LC from my info which I believe to be a very reliable source found by a young bloke on a lease and after excavation ;) 70 K from Bendigo ;)

John.
Very interesting what you write ................... very interesting indeed ............... so I presume you know what machine it was found with also ? :rolleyes:
So I'm guessing it wasn't even found with a detector and was instead dug out as part of paydirt at a mine like at Tarnagulla?

Meaning it has basically zero relevance to detecting or detectorist?
Still a nice nugget but I'm not going to kid myself.

No LC, that's not what happened.

RR all your posts hedge around nothing info so .............................. please do tell us all the correct details :rolleyes:

Bogger said:
RR all your posts hedge around nothing info so .............................. please do tell us all the correct details :rolleyes:

Mate I would love to post it, But I can't, I gave em my word on this and it is torture,

Straight up mate I would if I could,,

Ridge Runner said:
Bogger said:

Mate I would love to post it, But I can't, I gave em my word on this and it is torture,

Straight up mate I would if I could,,

Ok well that's fair call ......................... just for my curiousity how old is the bloke that found it ? Surely that piece of info is not going to betray any one's confidence ?

LC76 said:
Bogger said:
LC76 said:
Awesome find.
All I really want to know is what was it found on private land or crown land and how deep?

LC from my info which I believe to be a very reliable source found by a young bloke on a lease and after excavation ;) 70 K from Bendigo ;)

John.
Very interesting what you write ................... very interesting indeed ............... so I presume you know what machine it was found with also ? :rolleyes:
So I'm guessing it wasn't even found with a detector and was instead dug out as part of paydirt at a mine like at Tarnagulla?

Meaning it has basically zero relevance to detecting or detectorist?
Still a nice nugget but I'm not going to kid myself.

Might have been a push and detect find in my opinion?

Ridge Runner said:
GaryO said:
If it has nothing to do with marketing why is there always a comon link with Minelab and a dealer and ALWAYS a stay tuned for the full story attached ? Its not hard to add some brief info to it , is it ? Nah always the big mystery! !
9 times out of 10 the story never comes out anyway , but im sure people will keep popping into their website to check for it.
Anyway it is gold that was found by someone somewhere at sometime , i believe that :cool:

The finder does not want to give out any info as of yet and I gave my word, If and when they tell me otherwise but until then it is what it is and I am not going to Betray their trust.

John.

Well if I found a beast like that I would keep it very quiet. Until I cleaned it out using a few different coils.
Then put it on ebay to sell the location :)

HarryHoudini said:
Ridge Runner said:
GaryO said:
If it has nothing to do with marketing why is there always a comon link with Minelab and a dealer and ALWAYS a stay tuned for the full story attached ? Its not hard to add some brief info to it , is it ? Nah always the big mystery! !
9 times out of 10 the story never comes out anyway , but im sure people will keep popping into their website to check for it.
Anyway it is gold that was found by someone somewhere at sometime , i believe that :cool:

The finder does not want to give out any info as of yet and I gave my word, If and when they tell me otherwise but until then it is what it is and I am not going to Betray their trust.

John.

Well if I found a beast like that I would keep it very quiet. Until I cleaned it out using a few different coils.
Then put it on ebay to sell the location :)

I would keep it quiet too, but I don't think I could swing a coil after finding one like that, not for a few days anyway.

That picture on the other forum does not do it justice, Like you said, it is a "Beast"

Nahhh, no way you could rest for a couple a days after finding that ,.... the bigger ones could be close by, n , so could the next digga ! :eek:
8) 8) 8) :| 8) 8) 8) :/ 8) 8) 8) :)

silver said:
Nahhh, no way you could rest for a couple a days after finding that ,.... the bigger ones could be close by, n , so could the next digga ! :eek:

Mate, I haven't slept in a couple of days, I think If I had found it I'd be a Wreck, :mad:

John.

Minelab will never beat a Catapillar, Komatsu or any other large scale machine but they do work well in unison, so I'm told.

Thats a fantastic find,

We always read or hear skeptics opinions and this usually travels along the lines into different stories arising - chinese whispers. Much like the large 5.5kg Gold Nugget found in Ballarat not too long ago.

To me it doesnt matter how or when it was found but more so that it shows that these large nuggets just keep popping up. The large 5.5kg Nugget found near Ballarat was indeed in between a lot of Junk - not with the aids of a dozer like some people were suggesting, but with a GPX5000 and an 8x6 Sadie Coil at 2 feet deep or roughly 600mm

Be good if and when the full story is released - good on them for this find.

silver said:

Like People , Nuggets have Friends and extended family, Lol :eek: ;) ;)

We met the Finder's friend today at Breakfast. Saw another very interesting photo.
I'm happy for ANYONE that finds Yella. Especially something of that caliber.

Patrick1 said:
We met the Finder's friend today at Breakfast. Saw another very interesting photo.
I'm happy for ANYONE that finds Yella. Especially something of that caliber.

Yeah I have a few photos of it, But the Finder does not want them posted or discussed until next week or So, +/-

Latest posts