4.325kg Nugget Recently Found Vic GT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaryO said:
Ridge Runner said:
vstrom said:
If it is a real new find well done and a Merry Christmas for him but I'm starting to be sceptical it does seem like before any big holiday period a big nugget is found and it's always with a minelab I really do hope that it's not all just marketing as I'd be very disappointed.

It is Real, and this one has nothing to do with marketing,

John.
If it has nothing to do with marketing why is there always a comon link with Minelab and a dealer and ALWAYS a stay tuned for the full story attached ?
9 times out of 10 the story never comes out , but im sure people will keep popping into their website to check for it.
Anyway it is gold that was found by someone somewhere at sometime , i believe that :cool:

Well I talk to my preferred detector store quite often and when I have made good finds they have always been one of the first few that I have told,, This is a log winded hobby and we do tend to get to know folks quite well.

This has nothing to do with an ML promo,, It is just a once in a life time find,

John.

GaryO said:
If it has nothing to do with marketing why is there always a comon link with Minelab and a dealer and ALWAYS a stay tuned for the full story attached ? Its not hard to add some brief info to it , is it ? Nah always the big mystery! !
9 times out of 10 the story never comes out anyway , but im sure people will keep popping into their website to check for it.
Anyway it is gold that was found by someone somewhere at sometime , i believe that :cool:

The finder does not want to give out any info as of yet and I gave my word, If and when they tell me otherwise but until then it is what it is and I am not going to Betray their trust.

John.

LC76 said:
Awesome find.
All I really want to know is what was it found on private land or crown land and how deep?

LC, your a Good man, but until the Boss man tells me It's ok, I will have to suffer this fate along with you,

John.

HarryHoudini said:
Well I am out today and looking its mum. I know its there :) I just need to bring the ute to carry her home

That's the spirit Harry. If they can find it so can you. (i'm sure the Vic nugget is real and recent) That's the take home message after drooling over a big nugget image for a while, get out and get the coil on the ground often and it will happen. I found a couple nice big slugs in the ancient past, they are a big incentive that still now gets me out of bed and into the field in the heat/mozzies or whatever detecting.

Best of luck all, RDD

RedDirtDigger said:
HarryHoudini said:
Well I am out today and looking its mum. I know its there :) I just need to bring the ute to carry her home

That's the spirit Harry. If they can find it so can you. (i'm sure the Vic nugget is real and recent) That's the take home message after drooling over a big nugget image for a while, get out and get the coil on the ground often and it will happen. I found a couple nice big slugs in the ancient past, they are a big incentive that still now gets me out of bed and into the field in the heat/mozzies or whatever detecting.

Best of luck all, RDD

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t200/Duckmaloi/Picture453-2.jpg

Geez RDD that's a Door Stop and a half,, Congrats :eek: :eek:

John.

LC76 said:
Awesome find.
All I really want to know is what was it found on private land or crown land and how deep?

LC from my info which I believe to be a very reliable source found by a young bloke on a lease and after excavation ;) 70 K from Bendigo ;)

John.
Very interesting what you write ................... very interesting indeed ............... so I presume you know what machine it was found with also ? :rolleyes:

Bogger said:
LC76 said:
Awesome find.

LC from my info on a lease and after excavation ;)

John.
Very interesting what you write ................... very interesting indeed ............... so I presume you know what machine it was found with also ? :rolleyes:

Yep :lol: :cool: :cool:

Ridge Runner said:
Bogger said:
LC76 said:
Awesome find.

John.

Xao : :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bogger said:
Ridge Runner said:
Bogger said:
LC76 said:
Awesome find.

John.

Xao : :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No, I'm not,

Bogger said:
LC76 said:
Awesome find.

LC from my info which I believe to be a very reliable source found by a young bloke on a lease and after excavation ;) 70 K from Bendigo ;)

John.
So I'm guessing it wasn't even found with a detector and was instead dug out as part of paydirt at a mine like at Tarnagulla?

Meaning it has basically zero relevance to detecting or detectorist?
Still a nice nugget but I'm not going to kid myself.

Latest posts