3500 v F1A4 Jack Lange stage 2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, after recent help from a lot of people on this forum (thanks heaps btw guys) I was just about to purchase a 3500 when I noticed the youtube video on the Jack Lange F1A4 stage 2 modified, I must say I was impressed...has anyone had any experience in these or can offer any feedback?
need to purchase asap in view of a lot of prospecting over xmas :) :)
thanks .

Jack says in the video that he uses the 3500, that says something to me.

hi, I wasn't stating Jack was the expert, just interested that the spec 2 mods done to the F1A4 worked as well as the 3500 if not as good, and wondered if anyone had any experience with the mods that jack carries out on the F1A4.

I would call Jack an extremely successful, experienced and knowledgeable prospector.

He doesn't mod the F1A4's, just sells them.

Peter Woodland does the mods

Redfin said:
I would call Jack an extremely successful, experienced and knowledgeable prospector.

He doesn't mod the F1A4's, just sells them.

Peter Woodland does the mods

According to Jack, Peter Woodland does not do the mods.

trents99 said:
hi, I wasn't stating Jack was the expert, just interested that the spec 2 mods done to the F1A4 worked as well as the 3500 if not as good, and wondered if anyone had any experience with the mods that jack carries out on the F1A4.

Fair enough, but for me I would have more belief in what the member "PhaseTech" thinks about both detectors then what Jack Lange says.

The advertising for the lvl 2 mod f1a4 says its similar to a moded 3500, doesn't mean that's what he uses. for the $ they are asking it's cheaper to get a standard 3500 :)

Regards Daryl

Not trying to start some sort of he said she said debate but I'm on an F1A4 owners page on facebook and Woody is on there, he doesn't build the F1's for Jack and bags Jack's F1's as some of the others on that page do (saying stuff like some of the pots aren't even connected). Now I personally shrug that c@#p off because if you believed in everything you read or heard from some of the tools today than you are no better than them. I own one of Jack's F1 lvl2 machines and I can't knock it yet but I have only had a chance to run it for about 10 hours so time will tell. Anyway my point here is that as far as I'm aware Woody doesn't do the mods on Jack's gear and the way Woody talks I would guess that him and Jack don't get on (Just my personal perception).

Cheers, Ron

I always thought Jack and Wood were mates. That's the gold game huh, mates one minute mortal enemies the next. :lol:

I've got a jack mod 2 and everything is connected and every setting works as supposed too.not sure what's going on there but I would not read to much into it :/

Yeah like I've already said "k man" I would not believe everything I read or got told. I also own a Jack Lange one and it works fine.

I was just stating what was said on the F1A4 Owners Australia facebook site, I personally think that Woody has them brain washed in to hating anyone else who mods them.

To state that there are controls on the box that are not connected is a pure lie. If anyone can produce a genuine JL level 1, 2 or 3 that has controls that are genuinely not connected and have not been tampered with, I will pay you $5000.
The funny thing is the bloke who bags the mods on the JL machines was offered the opportunity to do them in the beginning, but declined the offer. I put in a hell of a lot of time reverse engineering the circuits to create the mods, only to have them copied by that bloke and have him charge a small fortune for them. Not bad 'eh?

The other thing is you can buy a JL machine with the peace of mind that if something goes wrong with the machine(not just the mods) it WILL be repaired and if it does come back for repair any other improvements that have come about since that machine was done will also be applied.

It really disappoints me to learn of such rubbish that is posted behind the closed walls of facebook. These people really should be ashamed of themselves. How about they come here and say it to my face where I can reply.....

AuMan

Ps, the copiers are always no less than 3 steps behind :p

So your the one who dose the jack Lange mods auman.I personally commend you on a top job.a true genius. I hope this puts all this hear say to bed once and for all.well said glad to see you put pride in your work :D

Latest posts