3500 v F1A4 Jack Lange stage 2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only issue was constant pea size iron stone 6 inches down making the detector sound like I was on a 5 ounce nugget. Starting to hear the difference in tone but def need more practice......................... haha.lol.I hear ya twapster I have exactly the same problem with mine.they sure are sensitive you won't miss a nugget unfortunately I hear everything else as well.keep it up mate :)

GPX's set to Sens Smooth or Enhance pretty much ignore most hot rocks. Fine gold on the 5000 starts to pick up a few but mainly larger ones closer to the surface. Anything pea sized down a few inches will be largely invisible. The SDC2300 is also pretty immune to most hot rocks but you will still get the odd pesky one.

I would think that a 14"DD on a F1A4 will largely ignore hot rocks but you'd lose a lot of sensitivity.

Jaros said:
So if you run the F1A4m2 on the 3 frequency settings provided you could vary your search depending on the size of nuggetts in the zone

Ofcourse Jaros that's what the settings are there for, but coil choice may evade the hot rock issue. While I was able to ground balance very well, the solid iron stone was a menace with the 8inch stock.

Even a larger round mono would reduce susceptibility to hot rocks. The 14" round mono's were a great match on the SD2100, so should work sweet on the F1A4s.

I run nugget finder 14 mono and min lab DD 11 inch mainly and still having shook em off yet.maybe more practice, maybe to much gain, maybe just realy hot ground,maybe just me. Either way still a gr8 machine :/

Hi

Like most ppl I'm looking for a Rolls Royce at Suzuki prices!

Is it possible with a small coil in sensitive? to find gold like the SDC and if you put a large mono on find the big stuff really deep, similar to a 5000?

I know it's a stupid question but want the best of both worlds and I'm undecided which way to go with a PI.

I have a Whites GMT at the moment but feel it doesn't really cut it in the Golden Triangle ( Dunolly,Whipstick ) area all that well. But it could be the operator.

Cheers

HI Daz, After going for a good detect over the Easter break, I can say that it(level 3) is certainly more sensitive to tiddlers than the 5000. I spent about 70% of my detecting time with the 5k, 11" mono, gain about 16~18, stabilizer 7~8, deep audio, fine gold and found 1 nugget about .2g. I then bolted up the Sadie coil and went over the surrounding area where I found that bit for nothing more. I then pried my f1 from my missus and went over the area again with the Sadie coil for 7 small bits, smallest being about 0.02g! The f1 was set to fine, channel 1, tiny, gain as high as I could stand it/as the ground would allow. No excessive ground noise from the f1. It does love moist charcoal though!
Total bits for the f1 for me was 21 for 1.1-1.2g
My mrs found 16 bits(second time detecting) including a nice 3g and 6g bit, so needless to say she beat me hands down! Got to make myself another one now as my original has been stolen by her!
Mrs Gold

My bits, one of the bigger ones was found by the 5k, can't remember which one though.

Nenad, perhaps I need some lessons for the 5k!

AuMan

Just reporting back, using the 16 inch Coiltek on the weekend with the F1A4 M2, wow very impressed was stable, was finding pretty deep bullets, both lead and 22 shells that WERE NOT being picked up by the AT PRO. No gold yet but if im twanging deep on these sort of targets its only a matter of time the F1 looses her virginity.

Jaros said:
Nice to hear re the F1A4M2 Twapster- I can feel it coming very soon. :p

I thought for sure the VLF would beat the PI on these targets, so the F1A4 is a solid detector in my opinion.

my only dilemma now is the price of the 4500's. Ive got 12 months before the WA trip!

AuMan said:
HI Daz, After going for a good detect over the Easter break, I can say that it(level 3) is certainly more sensitive to tiddlers than the 5000. I spent about 70% of my detecting time with the 5k, 11" mono, gain about 16~18, stabilizer 7~8, deep audio, fine gold and found 1 nugget about .2g. I then bolted up the Sadie coil and went over the surrounding area where I found that bit for nothing more. I then pried my f1 from my missus and went over the area again with the Sadie coil for 7 small bits, smallest being about 0.02g! The f1 was set to fine, channel 1, tiny, gain as high as I could stand it/as the ground would allow. No excessive ground noise from the f1. It does love moist charcoal though!
Total bits for the f1 for me was 21 for 1.1-1.2g
My mrs found 16 bits(second time detecting) including a nice 3g and 6g bit, so needless to say she beat me hands down! Got to make myself another one now as my original has been stolen by her!
Mrs Gold
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/AuManF1/94680696-1bd8-4d68-9c5d-7b4c85608642_zpst2tb7mrb.jpg

My bits, one of the bigger ones was found by the 5k, can't remember which one though.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/AuManF1/Easter%202015%20L3_zpsruls4gv6.jpg

Nenad, perhaps I need some lessons for the 5k!

AuMan

Seems to work very well, looks like serious competition for even the SDC with some of those smaller bits, well done.

Latest posts