3" to 2" reducer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Where can I get a 3" to 2" reducer for my pump? The screw on type.
Located in Sydney st George area

We have a local pump and plumbing supplier who have helped on most of my strange request, 3" to 2" seems like a no brainer

Try a farming type general store they might know where to point you to

Cheers

I was going to say farm produce store but not real sure if sydney had them,

you should be able to find a threaded poly fitting to screw straight on just ignore the metric measurement as the thread is the same , there would be a threaded 2 inch to 3 inch poly fitting for sure just getting the male/ female threads the right way to suit your situation is the tricky bit,

Think I'll be giving think water out at dural a call tomorrow morning to see if they can help out.

I'm going to see an older bloke on the weekend who has lots of cam locks and fitting from his business in his shed but unfortunately he doesn't have the reducer that I want haha.

I can't imagine I'm the first person to reduce a 3 inch outlet to a 2 inch on this forum
Someone has to have an answer!

Creekbed said:
Irrigation or farm supplies should have something suitable.

There is a place at Leppington or Denham Court called Austec irrigation which would be a lot closer than Dural for you.

http://www.austecirrigation.com.au/

or Southwells at Camden also a lot closer than Dural for you.

http://www.southwells.com.au/

Thanks for that mate I really appreciate that! I'll let you know how I go.

Go to the irrigation store and get a female 3" to female 2" adapter. You then want your appropriate 2" male thread camlock fitting for example if you have the female on your hose (so to speak) you want a male thread/male camlock fitting. If you have the male on your hose then you want a male thread/female camlock. (I have two females on my hose but it's a preference thing). Threads should be BSP and use the pink thread tape to seal. Don't put the tape to the edge of the thread to reduce the likelihood of cross threading at the start.

I use 1.5" to 2" and 2" to 1" adapters on my set up.

Jon

I've got black screw on poly pipe fitting from Bunnings & from an irrigation store, had to make a reducer as well, not as big as 2-3 inch though, have seen the bigger fittings though.

Latest posts