2x2..TWICE!!!!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2 nuggets from 2 locations within 2 meters from where i started detecting and where i stopped (MAN IM SPEWIN)..............Were to be had by the good Dr, nice work doc, glad to be there when you pulled them...... 8.(

1395387140_march_2014_024-optimized.jpg

this was the Dr's 3rd piece for the arvo a very nice 9.0grama,and taken from a depth of no less than 300mm,the old girls still gotta 8.(

1395387214_march_2014_026-optimized.jpg

and these are of the others a total of 5 pieces for the afternoon

1395387289_march_2014_030-optimized.jpg

whilst i returned to my detector to find a march of the caterpillars (at least you lot could of pointed to a nugget for petes sake) :eek:

1395387395_march_2014_002-optimized.jpg

PS..............pay attention to the gravels all the gold found so far has been encased in this stuff....something to keep in mind next time your out for a swing 8)

Well done DR, can I please have some of that juice to cure the fever? :) thanks for sharing DWT

Hey thanks guys my 2100 is like so solid at the moment
the day she dies could be like the earth ending silence!
DWT thanks mate had to get him to clean the big nug up
I don't think I could of handled it if it was a big piece of lead.
For those who think the 2100 is old school , think again these
machines find gold and very precise no mucking around clear
Signal sounded like a 22 calibre at a goo d foot down.
Dug two bullets and a rusty bit of metal on top of it.
This is the thing that people do is walk away and go too much
crap so I'll move on .always remove the crap and check again.
Don't get squirreled (Up ) the movie .look for gravel and bare ground.
DWT s time is due thanks for digging the sucker while I swung the mongral. :) .Dr

Snowy said:
Where were you detecting dwt?

Hey mate, yes i was, i had turned on my machine just infront of the Dr's car and anyone who has used a 5 knows there is a 5-10sec start up window before an auto tune and ground balance can be undertaken,(by this stage i had walked a couple of meters) by the time i was ready to start the auto tune i was basicly standing right on top of it, then i proceeded walking in a strait line where the Dr and i had agreed would be the area that had the highest chance to bare gold, i had walked strait over the top of the sucker.
Behind where we had parked the Dr had found a few more pieces and began working his way over towards myself, i had detected in a strait line for the best part of 20-30meters then pulled stumps and moved further along the Dr pulled some more pieces about 2meters from where i stopped detecting,alot to be said about where you should start and finish,
Before i kick off detecting i usually dig some random holes to see what the ground is like,see how deep some gravels might be and as to the depth of any top soil,some areas can have a foot of top soil on top of a foot of gravels thats all on top of a nugget,no point looking in spots that are to deep for a detector to hit.
I always try and work in lines (imaginary gridding) the Dr tends to wander until he hits a piece, this method used as a team works quite well,and when a good sounding target is located,we stop gather around look at the soil,look at the lay of the ground,each of us put our detectors over the target to see if any adjustments can be made to enhance the targets signal.

And the Dr's coil is the same coil as he has always used 14"DD, in the area where we are in, a mono on that detector is an absolute waste of time,(we have tried) he would be digging false targets all day,and thats if you could even hear a target over all the EMI,every coil has its place, for the 2100 in very hot ground with huge amounts of EMI............its a DD......... 8)

We certainly will be heading back to that location and undoubtly take some friends with us,the area is starting to be cleaned from all the trash and once that has been done, we will throw on the BIG coils and go over it again. The Dr and i are not greedy buggers so taking out some friends of ours and having up to 6 guys poking around can help leed to new finds,every nugget found is a learning curve for the next ;)

You fellas are on fire. Well done and good luck with the next find. The rain just keeps falling up here and i have a bad case of cabin fever. Don't worry about the jack and Johnathan DVD's you blokes are giving me more entertainment...Keep them coming, i am enjoying every post. :)

Well done to the Dr.
I love my 14"dd pro. Hasn't been off the 2200 for a long long time.

Latest posts