same style different location

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Exactly as the the heading states, i used the same style of searching, but in a different location today.
The good Dr now holding a nice 9.0grama has taken the weekend off,so i decided to head out to a different location not far from home 5km to be exact.
Driving up a bush trail i was looking for key factors to prompt me to stop and start detecting,not far off the main road some barren ground caught my attention,not as barren as where the Doc and myself have been going but barren enough,by this i mean easily spotted small patches of clearing in otherwise reasonably thick bush, the area was somewhat undulating but some gravels were visible from the road i was parked on.
Step 1: i jumped out and quickly surveyed the ground,we had iron stone,quartz,large and small rocks, and of course,patchy barren areas, practically strait out of the Dr's play book.
Now this area has NO shallow workings, NO old mine shafts, NO old loaming holes,so that tends not to excite me to much,but gold is where it is.
Step 2: PICK LOAMING a nickname the Dr has given when i go for a 200-300 meter walk and just slam the pick in the ground to see if there is presence of shallow gravels,if there is i will dig a bit up check it out then attempt to follow those gravels.
So job done, found gravels,time to start swinging.
At the best part of an hour later "chikka chow" a nice little piece sang through nice and clearly,mineralisation is not as high as the other spots,and the EMI was certainly not as bad, so it saw a slight lift in the RX gain from 11 to 13, other than that text book settings.
1395467355_march_22nd_002-optimized.jpg

I deliberately left some of the small rocks on the coil so you can see what i was looking for
1395467409_march_22nd_008-optimized.jpg

Good advertisment for MINELAB (wonder whether they will toss me a freebie) hmmmmm

A close look at the area and you can see where i was standing how pretty much barren it is of growth and schrubs
1395467439_march_22nd_010-optimized.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow will yield another find,off to a different spot to apply the same method, i will keep this spot in my back pocket for when i get some visitors, and undoubtly the good Dr and myself shall revisit this location in time to come............... 8)

Well done mate, they will flow now you have the midas touch.
In Special or Enhanced?

Another nice piece there dwt, the barren patch theory is definitely working. Looks like you got the hang of that 5000 now. :)

Latest posts