2013 finds - Scoopa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1384410157_pb140008.jpg
1384410320_pb140009.jpg

Another early start for Goldandsand and myself as we hit two parks in Newcastle. (Total time detecting 3 hours, minus coffee break) Did we find some rubbish! However in the crap there were some gems. I found a 1943 schilling and a 1957 sixpence. six pennys and one half penny (Later still soaking) $12.50 in moderns, a 'Siffari' brand .925 silver ring and a variety of brass and copper fittings and items. Goldandsand did really well with the oldest coin of the day and his oldest to date, but I'll let him brag about that in his post. I'll be hitting some beaches tomorrow with Saltytom, so I'll do another post after that search and add a photo to this post of the pennys located today after clean up. Hope to catch up with some other members in the Hunter area in the future. Until then Happy Hunting!

A quick Google tells me that your 1943 Dina (that's a shilling ..without a 'c') could be worth up to $80 .. the 1957 Zac (sixpence) is 50% silver, but only worth about 4 or 5 bucks.
Not showing off Scopa ..just showing my age. That's what we used to call 'em when they were currency. Might see you on the beach one day. I'm further south than you, closer to Gosford. It'd be good to have a mate to swing with sometimes.

Thanks Scoopa ! I had great morning with my oldest find yet a 1874 English shilling :D , a sixpence , a couple of penny's $13 dollars in gold coins plus a heap of junk. I'll try to post some pics up as soon as I get a chance. Look forward to the next outing .

Hey guys sorry took so long with the photo.
Sorry Pete thought I'd seen a sign out there saying PETES PARK so I haven't been there yet haven't got permission yet :lol:
1385691833_image.jpg

1385691866_image.jpg

Well done guys, that's a great bunch of finds for the day. Gotta be happy when you get silver in your pocket!!!! :)

Scoopa another fantastic hunt - you live in a great spot, try some of the roky areas at the ends of beaches, often get some pre-decimals by "crevacing like you do for gold!

1386935160_pc130004.jpg
1386935205_pc130006.jpg

Three of the forum members went for a short hunt at a small park in Newcastle this morning. The team consisted of myself, Saltytom and Goldandsand. A special extra member was Goldandsand's 2 year old son Jet, who was showing dad the ropes. In addition to the 1920 Shilling and silver ring, I was lucky enough to fine 6 pennys dated- 1919,38,42,44 & 50 X 2. Half Pennys dated - 1941,42,52. 4 X $2, 1 X $1, 1 X 20c. 2 X 2 and 2 X 1 cents. Also located was a copper disc however no inscriptions could be found and the usual rubbish. We weren't there to long before the heat in the open park forced us to the local Maccas for refreshments which Jet was happy with. The other boys found a few things however I let them list those. A great little hunt and get together and looking forward to another one next week. If any other local members want to come along, just PM me for details.

Thanks for a good morning guys,

Jet had a great time a play in the park a little picnic found some treasure ( $2,3x2c & a bottle top ) showed us how to fill the holes , made two new mates , macca's and a big sleep when he got home . Big day for a 2 year old. :D

Jet,Scoopa & Saltytom
1386938105_image.jpg

Jet & myself looks like he's claimed the At pro shame there isn't a smaller version for younger kids
1386938135_image.jpg

Looks like a great day was had by all...some nice finds as well...and the little fellar started his new addiction..

Some nice finds there guys good work and it's good to see the young ones coming out too!
My 7 year old enjoys coming out with me sometimes.

I'm looking forward in using my AT Pro International!

SF

Latest posts