2013 finds - Scoopa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoopa

Tim
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the variety of finds at a location. Went for a two hour swing and lacated the following english pre-decimals-1834 sixpence, 1875 Penny, 18?? half penny (very worn) another penny date not visiable and an english farthing-also date not visiable. In relation to Australian coins.Pennys-1919 & 1944, Three Pence-1918,1939,1940,1942. Sixpence 1944 "s" 1954, Schilling 1954. also located 9 X 1cents and 3 X 2cents. Noth to be forgotten $8 in modern 'goldies'. Buy the best find was a small enamelled locket. Upon opening it I found it was full of dirt however when I removed the dirt it still had the photo inside but the print had been lost!!!!

1361144135_copy_of_sixpence.jpg

Just a photo of the 'silver' located on Sunday outing. Dated from 1834 to 1954. The locket still had the photo paper inside but the image has been lost.

8 Silvers is such an awesome find in one outing, I'm finding about 1 Silver to every 3-4 Coppers and it can be a long time between drinks :lol:

Thanks for the comments boys. Just appeared that the conditions were right. I've never pulled 4 three pences out of the ground in one session before. 35 coins located in total. Other items included an old 'L' shaped brass tap handle. loaded 303 bullet, heaps of lead and a badge which was nothing special. Like all good fisherman I keep my locations close to my chest but it's local and on private property.

nice going Scoopa its a shame that the picture wasnt able to be seen in the locket but still all good finds cheers Terry

Hi All.
Decided to take advantage of the recent storms and head to a local beach for abit of a swing with the Excalibur. Found an area that obviously hadn't been detected before. Was able to find 112 decimal coins. 25 of which were 1 & 2 cent pieces which is a good indicator of a fresh area. Also located a cheap bling ring, 1 key and 1 round sinker. What I did notice was the near absence of any rubbish. GREAT! Had to give it away as i had other things to do but the finds were still coming thick and fast. I'll be back there again in a day or two. What do you reckon Goldbuzzhashit?

1362480497_redhead.jpg

Mate, the old back was starting to give out. I bought a new large sand scoop and I think I moved a couple of tonnes of sand. I think there's still alot to be found, so if you get back to me with your availability we'll hit the sand.

Latest posts