2 stroke pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with those two stroke pumps on eBay for one of wals sluices..?
Any help would be great . It's only that I have a bad back and neck lighter is better for me..
thank you in advance.
Cheers ?
Dave

No offense to those who have one but,
Smoky,
Smells of oil,
Have to mix Fuel,
Ebay elcheapo's most of them give trouble,
usually about 1 inch out let, You would have to run one at high revs
to supply enough water.
Then you start moving up hill as you are not allowed to dig out banks.
You will be in trouble swearing and stuff.
Just get either a Thornado or Rato 4 stroke 1 1/2 and be done with it.
A lot of us including me have them and they match your WalBanker perfectly.
While you are at it, Ask both suppliers to kit you up with hoses and aluminum cam locks as well.
Both of these suppliers are site sponsors too. :) :)

Yep, got the Thornado and it pumps just enuff- the Honda equivalent is lighter and pumps a bit better but 4 times the price. A 2 stroke will prob be heard in the next suburb. No stealth with that but I do love the smell of a 2 stroke engine! Ive seen the little 1-incher in action on a mini sluice, not suitable for a Walbanker in my opinion.

Im thinking some wheels and a little pull cart sort of system may help if carrying is an issue - kind of like small airport luggage. Id dare to say if the Thornado is too heavy you may struggle with high-banking. I've got neither and I come home a wreck every time. Maybe I should stop digging big holes!

No a 1" pump won't supply the volume required.
1.5 inch 4 stroke will do what you want, have lower fuel consumption and make less noise.

The advice you have revived is spot on. A 1.5 inch 4 stroke is the go for sure. cheers Jemba

Latest posts