1ST Trip to Vulcan State Forest

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperscott

Scott
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Went out to Vulcan State Forest end of last week for a bucket of dirt, My first time looking for gems as a pose to gold.

Thoughts id share some of the stones I have pulled out so far (not sure if they are anything or not just look diff to the rest. Kids like them:))

1542706196_20181120_194902.jpg
1542706211_20181120_195144.jpg
1542706222_20181120_195045.jpg
1542706233_20181120_195427.jpg

And some of the individual rock's under cheap digi microscope camera, also a few of the quartz rocks (smaller ones)
1542706278_untitled.jpg

1542706519_untitled3.jpg

Still got a couple scopes of rock to go through so looking forward to that. Really taking my time, decent pile of quartz / interesting looking rocks put to the side as I go through them.

Also headed out I think to native dog creek no luck there though, so thinking i either didn't spend enough time or might have been on the wrong creek haha.
1542706884_screenshot_20181120-203937_avenza_maps.jpg

Enjoyed getting out though and the cleanup at home.. looking forward to the next block of time I make to go.

Scott

Hi StoneTheCrows,

From everything i have read and watched yes there is meant to be. I haven't found any big bits yet:)

I still have the mud slush to try and run or pan off, once i do that will post results.

At the start of the week I went to Oallen ford and got a couple small flakes from there, seem to always get some yellow at good old Oallen.

I don't think i found any at Native dog but didnt spend a lot of time looking more just trying to find the location for another trip

Scott

Hi Mudgee Hunter,

Thanks, Yes has been a little while since i have contributed:) and gotten out as well.

I have been browsing and been in the shadows on here.

looking forward to finishing off the material i have and then planning my next trip.

How goes your outings having much luck?

Scott

A couple of nice blue sapphires there HS, have pulled gold, sapphire and zircon from near both your pins.

Although, I do find my trips to the creek a bit hit and miss.

I didn't know there was a Vulcan State Forest here! Where is it? I want to go there and see if I can find anyone with unusually large pointed ears! :playful: And a nice collection of gems like those ones... But mostly for the pointy ears search... :)

Latest posts