1.31kg Nugget just found nth Queensland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jamie said:
i would be stoked to find a 1.31gm nugget, if this guy has found this nugget mentioned well done to him but the size of it still wouldnt tempt me back to qld, no offense intended by that to the qld guys i have been twice and both times it was a horrible experience for me

Maybe notify the Cairns member's next time you are up this way and it will be a much more enjoyable experience. :D

bushpig said:
jamie said:
i would be stoked to find a 1.31gm nugget, if this guy has found this nugget mentioned well done to him but the size of it still wouldnt tempt me back to qld, no offense intended by that to the qld guys i have been twice and both times it was a horrible experience for me

Maybe notify the Cairns member's next time you are up this way and it will be a much more enjoyable experience. :D

I can guarantee spending time with the guys from here would greatly improve the experience mate, i have no doubt about it, and the times i was there it was in the 'cities' which doesn't suit me at all, chasing gold in qld would be something i would like one day

rc62burke said:
I have had this discussion here in the past, I shall say it again.
This type of advertising surely does go on in the VIC goldfields quite often & we have even seen Minelab jump in on it.

But I reiterate there is NO need to "Hype" it up here in North Queensland & folks from near & far are already here trying to find gold for them selves!!!
When will people realise that this "Paradise" we call NQ" "Bloody well sells it's self"
Lee

Dont go bagging VIC mate just cause your in the news! It wont get you too far around here.

Biggest nuggets in world history found down here pal......your little slice of paradise has a long way to go yet, and if you need to advertise it, one smells a rat!

Business gettin a bit slow on your mates 'Pay to detect' property is it?

Good luck to the finder, a bloody nice size that would put a smile on anyone's dial.

;)

No Net connection and printer/scanner at Palmer River then hey?.......Gotta love the outback!

Peace and Tranquillity.. :lol:

bushpig said:
SCROUNGER said:
Don't want to rain on the 1.31 kgs parade bushpig? :lol: :lol:

Nah just a bit annoyed that when someone shares something like this there are the few doubters that point out it's School Holidays, Easter or Xmas.

Personally I appreciate anyone who want's to share their story.

Hi Bushpig,

I'm sorry mate, my intention wasn't to critique redmanti, you personally or anyone else that finds a lucrative 'before the holidays nugget'.
As funny or coincidental as these finds are just before holiday periods I didn't post my doubts to insult you or anyone else.

I am sorry if I offended anyone lucky enough to find the 'before the holidays nuggets'.

Regards

If anyone is in Canberra,

I need a lift please...can't seem to lift this little beauty into the car. The just before holiday's nugget.

Truthfully found in Canberra. ;-)

1442562782_image.jpg

Regards

Cool Im going on Tuesday next week on our first gold hunt out at Turon Gates, Never searched nuggets before so let this first adventure be a 1kg nugget find haha

Redmanti said:
Saw pictures of it from at the Palmer River roadhouse today.

Found about 3 days ago. 1.3kg plus

Yep, as big as a can of beer.

Being offered for sale for $90k

Found with a gpx 5000.

We have a member on the Palmer "Gold miner" who has a couple of leases up that way, maybe it was him.

I'll PM him to see if he knows any more.

Edit: Well I would have PM'ed him if he wasn't Banned.

Danmuss said:
Cool Im going on Tuesday next week on our first gold hunt out at Turon Gates, Never searched nuggets before so let this first adventure be a 1kg nugget find haha

Danmuss,

Turon gates is a great spot to stay. There is old Chinese workings down on the river there. Been a few times.

We go for the peace and quite, being private property.

Gold trooper said:
Danmuss said:

Danmuss,

Turon gates is a great spot to stay. There is old Chinese workings down on the river there. Been a few times.

We go for the peace and quite, being private property.

Yeh im super excited, I have a AT Gold so i know its possible to find, But its even more exciting having a holiday for the first time in 5 yrs :( Poor me

Hahahaha there is always a jar of jealous southern style pickles.
Regardless a find is a find.
Im just greatful that its come to light imagine no one sharing there finds? Or not wanting to from speculation.

backcreek said:
Redmanti said:
Saw pictures of it from at the Palmer River roadhouse today.

Found about 3 days ago. 1.3kg plus

Yep, as big as a can of beer.

Being offered for sale for $90k

Found with a gpx 5000.

We have a member on the Palmer "Gold miner" who has a couple of leases up that way, maybe it was him.

I'll PM him to see if he knows any more.

Edit: Well I would have PM'ed him if he wasn't Banned.

No backceek Old Chum, it wasn't Gold Miner, .. wish it had been though.

Nah it wasn't GM, wish it was too!!!

I first thought that it might have been the reef find last year, reinvented to now.... but no, this find is a truthful one and not another 'holiday/ big nugget/ minelab/ conspiracy'........
The finder is going to clean it up and then we may get a photo.

Now that it's been publicized, it would be nice to know how deep it was pulled from. It says found with a 5000 but was that on the surface, or using a dozer or excavator to dig first then detect either the hole dug, or the spoils thereof?

Good luck to the finder...

Gypsy

Metamorphic said:
rc62burke said:
I have had this discussion here in the past, I shall say it again.
This type of advertising surely does go on in the VIC goldfields quite often & we have even seen Minelab jump in on it.

But I reiterate there is NO need to "Hype" it up here in North Queensland & folks from near & far are already here trying to find gold for them selves!!!
When will people realise that this "Paradise" we call NQ" "Bloody well sells it's self"
Lee

Dont go bagging VIC mate just cause your in the news! It wont get you too far around here.

Biggest nuggets in world history found down here pal......your little slice of paradise has a long way to go yet, and if you need to advertise it, one smells a rat!

Business gettin a bit slow on your mates 'Pay to detect' property is it?

Good luck to the finder, a bloody nice size that would put a smile on anyone's dial.

;)

Hey Meta
Not sure where your going with this one? I was not trying to bag VIC at all - we all know there is a degree of advertising finds (big ones at strategic times) in the South! & that is why there are dispersions put on most large finds these day's!

Mate I know there have been huge finds in VIC & WA I am not saying in any way that you will find more "Gold" up here but it is not all about the "Gold" & that is why I refer to NQ as "Paradise" I find it an "Awesome" place to live & play like the many temporary residents every winter!!

I did not advertise anything & this person who found the nugget was excited enough to share it with a few folks which is then followed by calling it an advertising "Lie" this attitude gives me the "Schists"
I have no idea how "Any of the Pay to Detect Places" are going this year as I have not been to them!!!!!! but on the grape vine it sounds like things are good?

Truly mate the "Whole NQ thing sells itself" the advertising/ getting the word out that I did for "ALL" the pay to detect spots was to get it known to "Prospectors" for a common advantage!! I have seen & heard many folks say there is no places to detect in QLD as access is to hard, well that's just not the case!!!

Not having a go at you just clarifying as you seem to have taken offense.
cheers
Lee

GypsyGoldAu said:
Now that it's been publicized, it would be nice to know how deep it was pulled from. It says found with a 5000 but was that on the surface, or using a dozer or excavator to dig first then detect either the hole dug, or the spoils thereof?

Gypsy

I'm sure we will find out in dew time.

GypsyGoldAu said:

Gypsy
Its was a meter deep, no dozer or excavator i got the picture of the nugget on my phone . A close friend of mine is best mates with him. Ashley is a gold nugget magnet it literally comes out of his ears. Ive seen a lot of his gold, my mate from Cooktown sends me text messages of his finds. I think i need to go on a holiday :)

Latest posts