⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great gold guys
Les, that 1 grammar looks so sweet! I'm out for a day tomorrow and hope the gold gods are kind to me.

Great work Moneybox and Les Gold, I would really like to just crack the one gram mark. I have posted this photo elsewhere (detectors/minelab/Eureka gold) but thought that it would be relevant here as these finds represent a milestone mark for me in reaching 100 bits found with a metal detector. More remarkable is the fact that this time last year my grand tally was one piece at 0.118 grams. An even more amazing fact is that 97 bits were found with the Eureka Gold and 3 with an SDC.
1507293426_milestone.jpg

The milestone bit is the one taking centre stage at a whopping 0.029 grams with some stone attached. All the bits in the photo were found using the Eureka Gold. Crushing the specimens produced a total of 0.255grams. As the saying goes "Gold is gold" and I am certainly happy coming home with some no matter how small. My next aim is to see if I can get the Eureka up to 100 bits before I am totally consumed and taken over by the dark side (SDC).

Cheers Bob.

Well done Bob. You are one determined guy. Patience seems to be the determining factor in the search for the yellow stuff. You have more than your share of that trait. With the skills that you have built in tracking down and finding gold, larger bits will follow Im sure. Good onya for achieving this milestone. As you said earlier, gold is gold. A spec in a pan or a nugget in the hand always produces a smile.

Cheers

Les

Here's our efforts for a few days camping in the GT with the family over the School Holidays.
Wifey found a few bits, I found 5 bits and the best part was the 8 year old Son found his first piece: 0.125 g he was stoked!!! It's the centre piece.

All from one gully.
Bumped into a fellow detectorist who's mate found a nice ounce piece not far from us and a another 5 gram piece, hearing that keeps you keen!
Also came a cross an old timer, digging his own shaft amongst the old ones and washing some dirt, he even tunnels a bit too, found some older shavts he filled in and had the timber stays and supports nearby, all cut with an axe too.
Gets enough to support himself, hard work, good on him.

Cheers guys
Elusive

1507431622_image.jpg

Well done to the young bloke on his first piece. One of the best moments in detecting I reakon is the look on a kids face when they find their first piece , looks something like this :D

Thanks Bjay! Yeah it was a special moment, he couldn't wipe the grin for a while, which was nice as he was crook for a week with a stomach bug leading up to it so didn't enjoy his camping break as much as he usually would.

Hi Folks,

Found this little specie today. The faintest of signals as it was located under a large rock and I couldnt get the coil directly over the target. It didnt sharpen up until the hole was about 4 inches deep. An SG test suggests that about .6g of gold is present in the piece.
1507611824_a4fa3c3f-d543-4153-9a43-38698644b31a.jpg

1507611843_6d15604f-9fd9-4700-9426-fca319ce229b.jpg

Cheers

Les

Great finds all :Y: ya gotta love species I reckon their better than gold on its own of the same weight. Krugerrand nailed it "amazing and mysterious" to the point I never get sick of looking at'em.

Latest posts