⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, Lesgold.

You have been finding some nice pieces. Still to find my first piece but keeping positive and seeing you have been finding gold in my area is keeping me inspired. I know my first piece is out there somewhere not too far in the future I hope.

Happy hunting, K

Went out for a swing. Used the 15" Detech super deep for a while and boy it punches deep! Thought I was onto a nice 2g+ bit and much to my dissapointment out popped a piece of lead. This was repeated another 6 times on ground I've hammered.

1508491087_20171020_115014-1.jpg

I decided a change of spot was required but had no idea where to go. So I went to another hammered spot but with milder ground here I decided to give the Nokta AU Gold a bit of a run. First three targets were very small lead shot, then got a nice signal that got me excited as it was a little deeper but out came a flat piece of foil.

I moved around a bit and started digging some tiny round hot rocks (never knew this spot even had them!). It was fun for a while digging up little rocks and inspecting them for traces of gold but time was getting away from me so decided to walk back to where I started. Another nice zip zip, scrape with the boot and it was really sounding positive. A good scrape with the pick and it was out and screaming. Bigger flat bit of lead....arghhhh.....but how did the SDC miss that one??

A metre away and another target, but this time it was the right colour :Y:

1508490903_20171020_160722-1.jpg

Thanks for reviving everyone's thirst PT :Y: been a while. I managed to get out for a few hours last weekend with my young bloke but no joy :N:.

Well done Nenad. Sounds like the new Detech has some potential. It would be interesting to see how it compares to its competitors in relation to depth, sensitivity and stability.

Cheers

Les

Lesgold said:
Well done Nenad. Sounds like the new Detech has some potential. It would be interesting to see how it compares to its competitors in relation to depth, sensitivity and stability.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les, there's some more info on the Detech in the Detecting Accessories section.

It did very well for me in Vic.

1508538730_20171009_080921-1.jpg

2 small ones were SDC, the rest with the 15".

1508574278_dcbed7c5-635c-4e16-a3ae-8017287fd39a.jpg

Hi guys well high tailed it back to Ballarat from Laverton/kalgoorlie went back to work 2weeks earlier than planned but oh well it happens. Went out today within half hour on my grounds pulled these two little buggers up pretty funny I drove 7000 over two weeks to find some gold to find nothing :( :( maybe I should have spent my time here 15 minutes up the road hehe :) :)
Scotty

Latest posts