⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldwright said:
nice sitting here dreaming about a nugget like that while it is hot and raining out. 1/2 ouncer?
No its quite thick. Just weighed it just under 43grams. (Thought it was just over 43g bummer)must be shrinking haha
1452418595_optimized-20160110_192030.jpg

Ok so I finally got myself out to hill end arriving on sat midday. I decided not to detect as I've never been there before so I did some exploring starting off with a drive Round town then heading out to golden gully :) then checking out valentines mine. Went back to camp had a feed and got an early night, before waking up today (Sunday 10th January) at 5:30 :) made some brekky and headed out to Tambaroora for some detecting with my SDC2300 for a few hours. Now before I post my pics I'd like to thank my mentor Wally69 :) without his help God knows what I would of found lol as it was I found my fair share of junk.

So my first pic is of all the junk I found :) lol plenty of lead shot
1452417989_image.jpg

Then I found this lil beauty and I do mean little lol they're not wrong when they say the SDC2300 can pick up tiny bits that people miss.
1452418037_image.jpg

And this fella showed himself in an old mullock heap by the looks of it.
1452418123_image.jpg

Last pics just of the 2 nuggets on a 5cent piece for comparison reasons.
1452418170_image.jpg

So all in all I'm extremely happy and thanks you to Wally69 again. It's the first gold I've found with it and the first time on the gold field detecting :)

Bloody ripper Pawny :cool:

That is a great effort for your your first day, looks like there is nothing wrong with your technique by the number of leadshot fuggets you landed.

Would have liked to have been there to see them liberated.

That's a cracka of a first day out detecting Pawny. It took me months to get that weight.
Great work.

Pawny said:
Next time Wally :) I'd love to catch up and do some detecting with you :) that tambaroora is a massive area hey.

No worries mate, i will need to organise another PA Hill End trip soon, very keen to get back up there.

Although Grasshopper, you still need to learn how to blow your photos up so that five cents looks like a fifty cent; then you will be a true SDC master. ;)

1452423089_image.jpg

Really? I'm really surprised I actually found something and I mean it was literally in plain sight where I would of thought everyone would of been. I found an old shack by the creek looks like like a squatters shack lol cause it's pretty much on the goldfield lol

Most blokes walk straight past the oldtimers productive grounds thinking good gold will be just outside the heavily worked areas. The SDC in capable hands shows the opposite is often true. A bit of time spent in the thick of the action (and junk) can be far more rewarding. The small size of your finds would indicate to me that many a GPX has wandered over these fields and your machine and technique has picked up what they could not hear.

Hat off to you Pawny, walking over gold seems to come naturally to you. A lot of us wished our first day ran to the same script.

Hey Pawny - Well done! I was up at HillEnd this weekend too! (I was the guy on the little white bike up on the rise doing battle with those kids that were running around until 11PM Friday night... Glug-Glug... ZZzzzz ZZZzzz...ZZZzz.... SCREAM!.... WTF???... hmmm... Grrrr....)

The SDC is a truly amazing machine, and it is so small! Pulled these few bits of colour out of the ground over the weekend. I am still grinning.

In order of appearance...

1/ Thought this one was junk. It had a solid but inverted low-high signal. I dug down a bit, and the signal was still strong and inverted AND now under a 1cm diameter tree root. It was about then I got a bit of a pulse going - 1.4g
1452483038_inverted.jpg

2/ Up and at them at 6! (some guy in a 4WD woke me up leaving the campground 30 mins earlier ;) ). I don't do mornings. A bleary eyed whisper, cleared the ground a little for a better sound... found this little beauty at the bottom of a hole - 0.6g
1452483084_surprise.jpg

3/ Its now late Sunday morning. I had no breakfast, had a caffeine headache and was starting to think about breaking camp, packing the bike and maybe doing battle with the nutjobs across the Gt-Western Highway when I got a screamer on a "bald" clay patch. Now I am still learning this machine and pinpointing is still a black art. The target was right on the surface and I had been kicking it back and forward the previous 5mins with my boot. It had a loud, solid but warbly tone. With not such a great mental attitude I said out load to the hills "If I don't pick this up in the first handful of dirt I am leaving it. Lesson learnt... if I go the effort to be there, and find a target, zanshin! Close the deal. - 0.0g on my dodgy scales
1452483107_babyscreamer.jpg

Family photo...
1452483140_familyshot.jpg

Latest posts