⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had to pick one coil for a newbie detecting the golden triangle area with a 4500 what coil would you recommend GD?

Nice finds btw fellas.

Daz

The best coil up till the 14 elite was the 11 minelab (commander) then the 11 elite came out.it doesnt seem to miss much but the 14 will go deeper. Personally starting out focus on 30cm. Deep brings in alot of noise and its very hard to know whats what.

So id say the 11 elite mate

Top persistence advice Reeks...and Slothchild - I'm feeling the feeling with ya! Only had a speckie and panned colour up till this weekend:)
1448000054_bling.jpg

Great write up Reeks. Looks like ya found a nice patch mate. Well done... Awesome looking Nuggets and a very respectable combined weight.

Ya gotta be stoked with that :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1448012917_11_gold.jpg

Got the new 11" coiltek elite this arvo. I generally use my 14" elite for patch hunting and my 8" commander for heaps or overgrown areas.
I got the 11" hoping that it would get the gold that both the 11" and 8" commander couldn't quite see.
I battled through the flu for an hour or so and I pinged this first piece at a very impressive depth for its size in the first 20 mins. Haven't had enough time to really get to know it but so far I like what I see.

Yeah it seems the goods. Haven't been to the goldfield I was at today, it was struggling a bit on the hot ground and sounding on a few hot rocks. To be expected with such a sensitive coil though I suppose. Not sure what its like on the real small stuff in comparison to the 8". Time will tell I spose.

i got a little scrap piece of lead today at about 25 cm running in deep was very clear, not very mineralised ground though. I cant wait to get a good day with this coil an hour here and there doesn;t cut it.

Thanks for the kind words guys, no happy dances this time round Pauly - just a few f%#k yeahs!
Might do some gem and wet nugget hunting next trip- be nice to have a swim after a days highbanking in this weather.

Latest posts