⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great haul there mfdes, good to see there's gold down south, we don't often hear or see Tassie results.
So next time the other side says "we haven't been to Tassie for a while" guess I'll have to start planning a trip, only fair that a northerner gets some Tassie gold with all the crow eaters heading over here to get what's left of ours ;)
Cheers T.

1444695497_image.jpg

G'day ,I'm a bit late on this but I went out for a while Sunday and found my first little patch of nugglets.
8" or so down most of them ranging in size 0.12 gram to 0.5
?

I went the Z scrounger. Still playing around with the settings ,these were found in high yeild / normal and then checking again. In difficult .

Good work Dug. Nice patch mate. If you found them on the slopes, there should be more around mate. Good luck :D

I'm pretty sure there will be Neo ,it was getting late and I left on a good note after the fifth.
They were all within the footprint of a tennis court.

Dug said:
I'm pretty sure there will be Neo ,it was getting late and I left on a good note after the fifth.
Scrounger said he detects a tennis court sized area in a day... must be the same tennis court. I'm playing tennis this year and start on Saturday, so I'll have to keep an eye out. Racquet in 1 hand detector in the other, not sure how I'll hang onto my beer tho. Lol

Chewy said:
Dug said:
Scrounger said he detects a tennis court sized area in a day... must be the same tennis court. I'm playing tennis this year and start on Saturday, so I'll have to keep an eye out. Racquet in 1 hand detector in the other, not sure how I'll hang onto my beer tho. Lol
And make sure the powers to be don't mind you digging holes either :lol:

Dug said:

Well done that's awesome.

Bet u were excited digging them up. :)

eadesy77

What I liked most eadesy77 was I chose to go in "normal"on the z and put up with a bit of extra noise .I wouldn't have found at least two of them if I had have stayed in difficult.

G'day, haven't been on here for yonks!

thort you'd like a pic of a freak find............... about 3m from my ute, in a really trashy spot under high voltage power lines right alongside the Western Hwy and after about 5min of swinging, was only 2" deep and sounded like a shotgun cartridge................ probably why it was still there. Have scoured the area with no more luck!!

1444735064_img_00005425_edit_edit.jpg

I wish I could use a 50c coin in my photos :(
That's a nice nugget ya got there stoneage :) Do ya know what it weighs?

Latest posts