⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get out today after what has felt like an eternity since my last swing. SDC never lets me down. Picture of scoop was from the largest piece!
1444213508_image.jpg

1444213508_image.jpeg

SC75 said:
Chuky boy said:
SC75 said:
Nice piece sc75 do u go around golden triangle?
Found It at Blackwood Nuggety creek. To many snakes down there though, had a close call with a tiger snake, if I stepped a couple of feet closer I would of been goners.
Nice sc75. I tried to gone down there during winter. Didn't want to risk getting bogged in my 2wd out there. The roads were pretty wet at the time and there's no phone reception out there. It's easy to get lost in that country.

It is mate I always carry a GPS with me just in case and there is only a couple of spots to park your car, so you got to walk a fair way. I'm just worried getting bit by a snake because it's a long hike back to the car and as you said there is no phone reception so it's a bit dodgy.

SC75 said:
Chuky boy said:
SC75 said:
Nice piece sc75 do u go around golden triangle?
Found It at Blackwood Nuggety creek. To many snakes down there though, had a close call with a tiger snake, if I stepped a couple of feet closer I would of been goners.
Just remember sc75 that its breeding season for snakes and there will soon be a lot more there so you better not go back for a while . If ya tell me the spot ill make sure there's no snakes next time ya go there :p

Was that from your normal haunt? I'll get me a Quartz specie one day. That pic of my last trip. The pointy piece near the bottom was a ironstone specie. Though no gold was visible. Gave a great signal and in my haste to reveal some colour (with a pair of pliers) I broke it and it completely detached it from its host rock :eek: I could have cried 8.(

NeoGeo said:
Was that from your normal haunt? I'll get me a Quartz specie one day. That pic of my last trip. The pointy piece near the bottom was a ironstone specie. Though no gold was visible. Gave a great signal and in my haste to reveal some colour (with a pair of pliers) I broke it and it completely detached it from its host rock :eek: I could have cried 8.(
This piece was from a new spot I've been researching. I've got about 8 species now.

Even though that first piece is awesome. Would it be worth piecing it back together? Are the plant roots hanging out of it?

Edit- So that's the same piece?

Latest posts