⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawsy77 said:
Ha ha ha, that was me up until ANNZAC day this year. Been prospecting since Oct 2019 and found a total of 12 grams! Found a virgin patch on ANZAC day and have pulled 335g off it over 4 1/2 days. Biggest was 275G!https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16576/1621299004_img_20210505_142648_234.jpg
I feel like a tin ass but a shed load of work has gone into locating this patch..

Gives me hope, there are more areas like this waiting to be found as I was beginning to think I had missed the boat!!
Magic :Y: :Y:

Thats a nice piece kingswood. Was lucky enough to find a new home for a similar looking specie found just over a week ago. Not as heavy as yours and the gold content is considerably lower but theres no complaints from this fella. Dry weight is just over 101 grams and the wet weight is 68 grams. (That should sort out the mathematicians)

Cheers

Les
1622096102_78540e91-16db-44b3-baf5-56257a4b46ad.jpg

Lesgold said:
Thats a nice piece kingswood. Was lucky enough to find a new home for a similar looking specie found just over a week ago. Not as heavy as yours and the gold content is considerably lower but theres no complaints from this fella. Dry weight is just over 101 grams and the wet weight is 68 grams. (That should sort out the mathematicians)

Cheers

Les
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6102_78540e91-16db-44b3-baf5-56257a4b46ad.jpg
Possibly around 22 grams?
That's using an SG of 2.5 for the host rock (common rock types SG between ~2.5 - 3.5).
Iron ores like hematite & magnetite SG at 4.9 to 5.2. If you use that SG you get a negative result i.e. -81 grams.
Rock speccis or material made up of various minerals can be hard to work out accurately.
Best way to know accurately for us mug punters is to crush it like Kingswood did.

Great nuggets
Please dont crush the specie as it will just ruin it.
Slowly dissolve the host rock away and see what it looks like, you may be impressed.
Crushed species just produce the same gold the massive mine companies produce. Nothing special
Thanks for the pics

Sorry yes I wasn't suggesting to just rush off & crush it up but it's a relatively quick + easy way to see what you've got. Gold is gold.
Did you check the gold is connected with a multimeter?
If it is then you might end up with a nice bit out of it. :Y:
If it's not you'll just end up with fine gold in your pickle.

Lesgold said:
Thanks Krugerrand. Its soaking in the magic stuff at the moment. Will see what happens in a week or two. There is no rush to see a result. Will post a pic or two later.
whats the magic stuff?

Latest posts