⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a beautiful lump SC! Good to see you back at it and getting results that we all dream of once again! :drooling:

Nice work Nightjar. Certainly pays to have a close look at those Ironstone hot rocks at times! What a little beauty. :Y:

Cheers,
Shauno.

Had a ripper day today, travelled over to Maryborough to pick up the Maxtracks I bought from Leroy. Had a chin wag and a cuppa then set out to try my luck, first time out since last year's Laanecoorie Gold Bash. Check out the Easter meet location for an hour with no luck so I tried another spot where I'd camped but hadn't revisited. Drove around and familiarised myself and picked a spot with a mixture of old diggings and rehab work from a recent claim. There was a small surfaced area near the old workings so I decided to grab the 2300 and see what I could find. Sure enough the 1st target was lead shot so I moved into the centre of the diggings and noticed some recent dig piles waved over one and got a decent signal :Y: :). I cleared some rocks and loose gravel and rechecked to find no signal now I'm thinking fugget so I check the discarded material and get the signal back :D finally found the quarts fist size happy lump :) Spent the next half hour checking heaps of rocks because the dig pile was large without another sound so back to the ute to clean the lump. No visible gold after a good wash so out with a block of timber and the hammer 20 minutes later this appears :) :Y: :sunny: :goldnugget:
1553936516_img_20190330_193805.jpg
1553936534_img_20190330_193857.jpg
1553936550_img_20190330_193938.jpg

Wishfull said:
Farout that's great. That would have been a fairly faint signal though wouldn't it ? Are you using an amp and headphones or just the speaker ?

Actually the signal was loud and clear when I knew it was in the quartz I thought it might have had a bit more in there. Just plugged the headphones into the patch lead, forgot to charge the wireless unit :/ all's well that end's well :) :beer:

Hi All

Purchased a set of Black Widow headphones and wanted to try them out, so headed out to the GT.

1554027904_img_1224-min.jpg

Two speci's found with the SDC.

1554028060_img_1231-min.jpg

Point .06 from the larger iron stone speci.

1554028213_img_1225-min_1.jpg

Three small ones with the SDC, the largest was only .10 at 10 cms.

1554028429_img_1223-min.jpg

1554028486_img_1230-min.jpg

Three more found with the 4500, the one on the left was .30 at 12cms.

The headphones are great, much more comfortable than the standard Minelab ones.

Regards Anthony.

Latest posts