⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing Great said:
Its actually $6500 changeover from a gpx4500. And that dont even get ya the 19 inch coil sadly.
Hence why I have been reading as much as I can. Its a big commitment.

Hi NG with the gold you have been getting I wouldnt bother with the Z mate you doing just fine with your 4500 you know the old saying if it ant broke dont fix it .PP

Got a couple nice bits this afternoon. One specimen that I will be leaving as is this time after my last disaster :D
Also a tiddler from two days ago. Tried a new spot today I have driven past 25000 times at least. Might have to go back I think
1542622049_2018-11-19_21.00.27.jpg
1542622077_2018-11-19_21.00.00.jpg
1542622101_2018-11-16_13.12.33.jpg

Hi all I havent been very active lately for one reason or another. So last Saturday, 17/11, after doing what I had to do I looked at the time and noticed that it was midday already. I had a decision to make. Stay home and rest up for the next 3-4 days work starting at 4am and finishing any time after 6pm or go detecting and the over 3 hour round trip that would entail. It was no contest really, I quickly packed and headed of to Kingower.
After a fruitless 1.5 hours there I decided to drive a bit further down the road to Mcintyre, an area Ive explored a bit but have only spent about an hour detecting. I drove into the bush untill a likely looking spot appeared, broke out the 4500, and started. After looking unsuccessfully for about an hour I was running out of time and started heading back to the car. I was consoling myself with thoughts like, well its been a nice day, weather is good, better than sleeping on the couch etc. Another thought was the post on this forum about finding gold whilst walking back to the car, couldnt happen to me could it?
Then about 10 metres from the car, I was swinging aimlessly, there it was, a signal. I started to dig thinking another small bit of tin that had plagued me at this spot. Finally I unearthed the source of the signal which turned a good day into a gold day. Small but worth it.
1542778935_be65e669-bfc3-4c18-9762-a629f52cf2aa.jpg

MegsyB007 said:
Nice find Nothing Great - I think you need to change your name! If you zoom out a bit, you could possibly get a palm reading done :)

I notice you have a fair break in your line of fate there. Interesting... :cool:

Hey if you could read my palm and tell me if and when I am going to find a huge gold nugget that would be super. Save me digging any more bullets lol

Thanks in advance ;)

Northeast said:
I recently detected with a forum member who was kind enough to take me to a spot he had found many small nuggets, with some up to 6 grams.

He was thinking of getting a Z and selling his GPX and wanted to see what he might have missed. He was using a 15 Evo.

I didnt get a single piece of gold from that area from 4-5 hrs of detecting and he got another 2 small bits.

With the right coil I dont think the GPX guys are missing much at all :Y:

Whether the detector is missing it or not is one thing, the prospector still needs to walk over it, then needs to decide that weird sound is something worth digging ;)

Hi Nothing Great.

Good work with all the gold. I'm amazed you are so good at it!!!!!!
With regard to the GPZ 7000, I think there is not much difference as the people I know who have found gold with the 7000 often say that the 5000/ 4500 would have found it too. Also most people who seem serious about detecting and love it, upgrade to a 7000 and do get good gold but is it the Z or just the fact that they put the time in ,read the ground and are meticulous anyhow????
I think it is how you use the detector and your mindset that gets the gold and maybe the Z adds a bit......
I'd like a Z but worried with certain reviews ( weight , big coil ,ground noise etc) or worried about the cost more??
Just get out there and enjoy it before the greenies lock it all up.

:brokenh:

did anyone hear on about news about a guy in WA that found some gold . Supposedly 1100 grams.and 397grams and another about 997 grams. makes our little bits look feeble.

Latest posts