⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aussiefarmer said:
Nothing Great said:
Thanks mate but to be honest I aint doing that great. 51 bits and probably only 20 grams all up.
Still it beats not finding any which I did for two whole weeks.
Theres plenty of us that it has taken years to get 10 grams , so yes you have been doing great :Y: i will swap you locations :D
Only TWO weeks without finding any..... I wish.
For a relative newcomer, ur killing it.!
Whats your mindset when you go out.... Id be interested to know. Probably high expectations I reckon. :Y:

Nothing Great said:
Thanks mate but to be honest I aint doing that great. 51 bits and probably only 20 grams all up.
Still it beats not finding any which I did for two whole weeks.

You are smashing it brother :Y:, do yourself a favour and review all your posts related to finds then make a list of all who have liked your post and those who have commented. When you iron out each individual go back and look at their latest finds and it'll give you an idea of how well your actually doing :power:. What ever your mind set, machine and location don't change a thing until the location/s stops giving. Your keeping our fever alive :) :Y: all power to you mate keep it up :power:.

Forgot to mention dam it is back on line and he's one very consist 10 cent poster so up the anti show him how to fill a 20 cent piece :p :lol:.

Finally got that specie cleaned up. Turned out BEAUTIFUL .
Bottom
1540601067_20181027_112949.jpg

1540601102_20181027_112905.jpg

Made the trek back across to Maryborough today. Well actually it was more like Amherst. Took the turn off for Talbot and tried an area I hadnt been to before.
Spent an hour and a half without hardly a signal. Went back to the ute and decided I would try an area I had driven past on my first trip to the Maryborough area.
I really liked the look of this spot but it was close to a main road which isnt my cup of tea. For some reason I prefer to do my prospecting in remote locations away from traffic.

Anyways I found a little track off into the bush and parked the ute up. I set off detecting on the side of the hill which I had liked the look of-but obviously others had the same idea as me as there were fresh scrapes and diggings littered everywhere I turned. I made the decision to concentrate on working the densest areas I could in the hope there maybe something left over that the laziest prospectors wouldnt have covered. Two hours passed and I literally hadnt dug a target. I decided I would grab a drink and headed back for the ute.
Around 20 metres away from the ute I came across a booming signal. You know the kind that screams rubbish!!! Being less than ten metres from the track the most probable scenario is that it was a beer can or something similar. I decided I would do my good deed for the day and remove the junk. No targets for 2 hours and ya just gotta dig something.

I scraped the top inch or so and hadnt budged it. Figured oh well must be a bullet!
As I started chipping away at the soil I thought bugger me these are good looking gravels. Not once did it cross my mind it could possibly be anything good though.

At 4 inches down the target was out of the ground. As I halved my scoop for the last time I felt the weight hit my palm. I figured it must have been a sinker or bit of lead. It was bloody heavy for such a small pile of dirt.

It was at this point I noticed a glint of yellow. I Was in total shock. I Couldnt believe it. My hands were shaking like a leaf as I tried to clean it up. It felt like an eternity for the realisation that it was a nugget to kick in. My god how good is this I thought to myself.

Most of my nuggets I have had a very good idea thats what they were but this thing totally blindsided me. To achieve something so awesome in such a short period of time at this caper is amazing and today is a day I will cherish for life!!!
1540727796_2018-10-28_19.27.10.jpg

1540727932_2018-10-28_22.57.52.jpg

1540727962_2018-10-28_19.26.34.jpg
1540727985_2018-10-28_19.23.01.jpg
1540728018_2018-10-28_19.24.26.jpg

Ps
I ended up wearing out my skid plate and had to call it a day. No more detecting for me till I can get to ballarat for a replacement.

Persistence paid off for you Nothing Great,time to change your username though because that half ouncer is something Very Great.Well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great nugget NG, spent a week there but had to come home early because the wife had jury duty. It is thrashed but the area is so big there is no way they could have got it all.

Latest posts