⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
samrota said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8882/1539306043_20181002_103417-1944x3456.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8882/1539306101_20181003_150713.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8882/1539306158_20181003_150642-2995x1685.jpg

From my last trip to GT Victoria. Total 14g for the week, biggest 8.5g and a nice little quartz speccie. Already posted in member finds, but thought i would post here too. Looking forward to my next trip over there.
Great effort in a week. I'd be very happy with that. Well done :Y:

Nothing Great said:
Hmm maybe I need A 7000 now :eek:

Don't we all :Y:.

Sure is a great haul we'd all like better but in reality we know any bling puts a smile on our faces.

Hill End gold. Thanks Bob for your help in my finding my first two pieces. Small but happy :D

1 piece .04 and the other .09

1539401797_hill_end_gold.jpg

Plus a button with flowers and a bird.

1539401797_flower_bird_button_hill_end.jpg

Cheers, K

Mackka

Not sure how many large, deep pieces the sdc will find, but it sure finds tiny pieces which I already knew. I have dug lots of small wire and bird shot over the last year. I know if I walk over small gold close to the surface, it will find it. Saying that I have also dug deep junk :( Would love a 4500, 5000 or z also, but the sdc is so light and easy,

cheers, K.

I just love looking at gold to be honest RM. I went through every post in this thread when I was looking at getting a detector. Awe inspiring looking at some of the great hauls. Makes me sad I didnt start 20 years ago before all the gold was taken. Anyway you can only play the hand your dealt and I am loving the learning curve.
Having no Idea on geology and the like I am just trying my hardest to get a handle on it all. Minelab golds posts helped me immensely. Its sad he doesnt post any longer. That bloke was great for this site and its members.

Nothing Great said:
I just love looking at gold to be honest RM. I went through every post in this thread when I was looking at getting a detector. Awe inspiring looking at some of the great hauls. Makes me sad I didnt start 20 years ago before all the gold was taken. Anyway you can only play the hand your dealt and I am loving the learning curve.
Having no Idea on geology and the like I am just trying my hardest to get a handle on it all. Minelab golds posts helped me immensely. Its sad he doesnt post any longer. That bloke was great for this site and its members.

I was sitting in the Dunolly bakery yesterday having a coffee with the missus, looking at the old buildings across the road that were built in the mid 1800's I couldn't help but think what sort of damage I could have done back then if I had my Zed with me. A bit like fishing, you should have been here yesterday.

Latest posts