⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two .5 chunky pieces on some new pending ground out west

1524743741_436063cd-e7e8-4f27-97ad-fc5a30733597.jpg

Sometimes size doesn't matter.....

1524744342_ironstone_speci.jpg

I think it'll look nice in Mrs M's display cabinet and she won't be so tempted to sell it :Y:

We kick dozens of these ironstone hotrocks out of the way. I wonder how many have a little surprise inside :eek:

hi everyone went back to tarnagulla today for another swing , no gold but enough tin to start my own factory. 1 more day of holidays , might go to moliagul to have a look, has anyone been there and what is it like

Moliagul is a bit famous for large nuggets as is most of the area your in so expect more of the same . But hope for some color it is out there like all of us just got to put our coil over it . GOOD luck if your out there your a chance.

gidday patrick1. I would like to meet up but cant get there til about 10 am and where would you like to meet. I dont know area and following directions from doug stones map coming from tarnagulla

trekkie said:
gidday patrick1. I would like to meet up but cant get there til about 10 am and where would you like to meet. I dont know area and following directions from doug stones map coming from tarnagulla
I sent you a PM.Call me when you can and we'll arrange something.

gidday everyone. well today is end of holidays. 2.5 days at whipstick no gold but plenty of wire and slugs . 2 days at tarnagulla no gold but plenty of tin . 1 day at moliagul no gold but plenty of old cans. decided to stop in at tarna for 1 more swing and after about 40 mins got a signal from detector and dug up a rock about size of hand which detector liked , took rock back to car and tested with pinpointer and it screamed so broke it open and covered with what looks like gold specks, so excited a first for me . will take home and crush and pan fingers crossed.

trekkie said:
gidday everyone. well today is end of holidays. 2.5 days at whipstick no gold but plenty of wire and slugs . 2 days at tarnagulla no gold but plenty of tin . 1 day at moliagul no gold but plenty of old cans. decided to stop in at tarna for 1 more swing and after about 40 mins got a signal from detector and dug up a rock about size of hand which detector liked , took rock back to car and tested with pinpointer and it screamed so broke it open and covered with what looks like gold specks, so excited a first for me . will take home and crush and pan fingers crossed.

Hey Trekkie, how did that rock turn out,any luck?

Latest posts