⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a slow day today with only 7 bits but I did find 46 and 3 species the two days prior, luckily my detecting partner got on a good spot and we end up with 39 for 8.5 grams. Nearly ready to go home for a week or so to crush the 17 species we have. At the moment we have 515 nuggets for 140 odd grams in nearly 3 weeks. We may still hit target as some species are very large. Here was today's effort.

1524571480_image.jpg

trekkie said:
gidday everyone newbie here Well in bendigo for a week and went to whipstick for a swing Didnt find anything other than nails,slugs and buckles . But am having a ball doing it Its my first time at it and 4 days to go so hopefully i find something
Keep at it Trekkie, you'll find some good stuff soon enough. :Y:

limpalot said:
Went for a play today and snagged 3 tiddlers for a total of 1.28g. Same spot as my big nugget, set the 11" for deep; all was good until about 2.30 when the 4500 got very chattery. :Y:
We don't believe you if there's no pics :D

Went out today to check a new location and get some more hours on my new 12" evo, plenty of bullets, lead and other various junk about but managed this ironstone encrusted .2g @ 4" deep, signal stood out loud and I called it for another bullet, took me ages to find it in the scoop and the gold only revealed itself once I gave it a good rub, nearly dismissed it as small piece of lead but glad a tiny bit of colour showed. Seems to have gold showing in all edges under the 40x loupe so hopefully won't loose much weight after the ironstone crust is gone......not that there's much weight to loose :lol:
Soaking in alibright for a few days.
1524653050_dsc09909.jpg

1524653050_dsc09911.jpg

ProspectorPete said:
Went out today to check a new location and get some more hours on my new 12" evo, plenty of bullets, lead and other various junk about but managed this ironstone encrusted .2g @ 4" deep, signal stood out loud and I called it for another bullet, took me ages to find it in the scoop and the gold only revealed itself once I gave it a good rub, nearly dismissed it as small piece of lead but glad a tiny bit of colour showed. Seems to have gold showing in all edges under the 40x loupe so hopefully won't loose much weight after the ironstone crust is gone......not that there's much weight to loose :lol:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1524653050_dsc09909.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1524653050_dsc09911.jpg

Big Congrats Pete, well done mate, I hope you find his friends :Y:

John.

Ridge Runner said:
ProspectorPete said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1524653050_dsc09909.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3820/1524653050_dsc09911.jpg

Big Congrats Pete, well done mate, I hope you find his friends :Y:

John.
Thanks John, I'll be heading back soon for a weekend or two and give the area a more thorough going over :Y:

ProspectorPete said:
Thanks John, I'll be heading back soon for a weekend or two and give the area a more thorough going over :Y:

Top Man, that's the spirit, there 'll be no stopping you now, Looking forward to the clean up and to you bringing home his mates. :Y:

went to tarnagulla today 5hrs swinging 3 nails 2 iron rocks and a good day. Found an old mine which was gated off then went to a spot on way out and someone had been there before me and didn't bother to fill in holes so annoying there was holes everywhere. Some people are so lazy only takes a minute to fill back in.

trekkie said:
went to tarnagulla today 5hrs swinging 3 nails 2 iron rocks and a good day. Found an old mine which was gated off then went to a spot on way out and someone had been there before me and didn't bother to fill in holes so annoying there was holes everywhere. Some people are so lazy only takes a minute to fill back in.
Hi trekkie, that last spot with all the open holes would be worth heading back to and doing a thorough search, the many holes says there was plenty of targets and if they are leaving holes open it probably means they are just doing a quick detect, dig and run trying to get as much as they can in the shortest time and effort, could be some good targets left in the ground and well worth a day detecting low and slow, check their holes too as they may have not located the target and moved on.

Best of luck :Y:

Latest posts