⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not posted too many pictures lately so here is a couple from the other day, my mate and I went out for a few hours.
I got 4 bits for 3 grams and he got 2 for 37 grams. Good to see some big bits still out there waiting to be found.
Generally the same area so will be going back for sure to hunt around more.
1520669310_3_gr_a_comp.jpg

1520669310_8_gr_3_comp.jpg

1520669310_29.6_3_comp.jpg

RM Outback said:
Ok so here's my wife's first piece of gold found at Amherst on the Vic GT meet up weekend. The only downside is I no longer own the SDC :lol:.

That's great news RM. Don't worry about the SDC. I can tell you from experience, anything spent to keep your detecting partner out there is money well spent ;)

Moneybox said:
RM Outback said:
Ok so here's my wife's first piece of gold found at Amherst on the Vic GT meet up weekend. The only downside is I no longer own the SDC :lol:.

That's great news RM. Don't worry about the SDC. I can tell you from experience, anything spent to keep your detecting partner out there is money well spent ;)

Couldn't agree more MB many more years ahead of the good times.

Hi all
Out for a detector the long weekend at Avoca
Detected for 3 days and total on 0.93 gram including the Quartz ! about 15 hours detecting!
Pieces were tiny tiny but still shiny!
Was really hot and gold was hiding well. Tried to go low and slow , then fast to cover some ground , all up was difficult but will persist!
Hope to get out next week
1521104446_img_4736.jpg

Krugerrand said:
Hi all
Out for a detector the long weekend at Avoca
Detected for 3 days and total on 0.93 gram including the Quartz ! about 15 hours detecting!
Pieces were tiny tiny but still shiny!
Was really hot and gold was hiding well. Tried to go low and slow , then fast to cover some ground , all up was difficult but will persist!
Hope to get out next week https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10974/1521104446_img_4736.jpg

Detectorists must rank up there with golfers and fishos when it comes to the reward versus the time expended, .93 gram for 15 hours work probably ranks lower than than any 3rd world sweatshop in terms of remuneration. The only redeeming feature is that we do it for the love of it.

What a ripper lump Tryhard! I think my heart was racing just watching the vid while you were digging. With that sort of signal at depth, it's just a matter of how big the nugget is at the end -and that one certainly did NOT disappoint! :D

Congrats on the Birthday nug Patrick! Not a bad present that. :Y:

Keep up the great work gents!
Cheers,
Shauno.

Latest posts