⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome YF, I would be working harder this week if it was me.......but not at work :lol:
Well done and try getting some sleep before the weekend.

Drive an hour to Moliagul yesterday and detect all day for a handfull of buckshot and this
1519194208_img_20180221_165205-1920x2560.jpg

Next day drive 5 minutes up the road for 3 buckshot and this
1519194283_img_20180221_165230-1920x2560.jpg

Finally 6 months of almost no gold is over lol
And only a few days after the old man got the all clear (almost) for the tumors.

Great news all round

Well done on breaking the drought ...!

.06 is tiny - good Detecting skills .

Well done YF thats a great find .Now where did you say you were lol GPS co-ords will do lol good on ya mate hope you find its mum and dad too :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:.PP

Well I had a fun hour at Heathcote today on our way to the Axdale Quick Shear. I didn't find any gold but had a ball with my five year old grandson who was a little confused with my finds. 3 pieces of leadshot for the life of him he couldn't remember what they were called as you'd expect from a five year old that's only seen them for the first time. Once we were back in the car he said hey pop can I have those gun nuggets :lol: :Y: kid's come out with the best descriptions when learning about simple things.

Went out today found lots of bullets and other junk .But the up side was my 15 year old son has got a new liking for metal detecting and wants to go out all the time. Im thinking it wont be long till im reaching in my pocket to make a purchase. Forgot how age takes your fitness hilly rough terrain dont bother kids can only hope he can find gold like he can catch fish. In all a good day without any gold.

lordo.1 said:
Went out today found lots of bullets and other junk .But the up side was my 15 year old son has got a new liking for metal detecting and wants to go out all the time. Im thinking it wont be long till im reaching in my pocket to make a purchase. Forgot how age takes your fitness hilly rough terrain dont bother kids can only hope he can find gold like he can catch fish. In all a good day without any gold.

Teenage diversion programs cost but the outcome is worth every cent in my book :Y:. One day I hope my young blokes take a liking to prospecting pretty sure they will. For the moment my teenage division programs x 2 are mobile shearing plant and 1994 MQ short wheel base Nissan Patrol. I've made the initial purchase and will guide them with their ambitions as best I can. One will produce an income the other will make the income disappear :lol:.

Was out this morning for an early hour on the small hit patch I've been going back too. Got a .11 bit not worthy of a picture but the rest of the short morning is worth a share. After the initial find of color I walked over to some oldtimer holes, small diameter and about 2 feet deep. I started detecting the sides and kicking out the leaves and sticks, as we do. Well, on the last hole I put a real boot to it to clear it in one swipe and successfully accomplished ejecting everything and everyone from said hole. Now, if you've never seen a shingle back lizard fly, trust me, they are ungraceful as Hell. ZERO aerodynamic qualities at all. This poor fella went about 4 meters at an altitude of about 9 feet. Had REALLY good hangtime. Im not sure which of us was more surprised. After his unceremonious landing I went over to check his wellbeing and offer my apologies. He wanted to hear none of it. He wouldn't even talk to me. Ungrateful bugger.
After this encounter I went back to swinging even though the wind was picking up quite a bit. It seems ol' lizard boy tried to have revenge. I hear, overhead, a large "snap" and look up as a tree branch is coming to visit me with gathering speed. Was kind of slow motion in the same way that the lizard probably watched the Earth slowly rotate beneath him. I figured one step to the left would give Mr. Branch the room he wanted and was rewarded with a 3mil gap between him and my brain pan.
After this excitement I chucked the gear in the General Lee an took my butt home.
P.S. Don't nobody tell Bridget about the tree limb.
END OF STORY

Latest posts