⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1509262856_b6eef166-92d4-4664-89fd-1266ad72c1f0.jpg

Hi guys thought Id share todays findings with you all :Y: went out yesterday nothing!went out today my curly cord started to play up. so I put new one on that was my spare and these are what I found going over the same ground I had done previously.
Gpx 5000,nugget finder evolution 12inch,b&z booster small piece around 5cm bigger was about 1&1/2 feet :Y:
1509263394_5c2857bd-ee01-4930-b7cc-273794f00fbe.jpg

Nice Sleckie. The bigger one - is that all gold or a bit of gold laced through some other sort of rock? Hard to tell from the pic. Got it at a decent depth :Y:

Northeast said:
Nice Sleckie. The bigger one - is that all gold or a bit of gold laced through some other sort of rock? Hard to tell from the pic. Got it at a decent depth :Y:
Thanks mate yeah all gold got it in the acid to clean it up Ill take better pics once its cleaned up funny how the red clay/soil changes the gold appearance last bit I found was exactly the same few hours soaking itll be nice and shinny. It must have been sitting right on top of the white clay I recon he weighed in at 2.12grams :Y:

Covered my fuel bill this weekend and maybe the pies from that nice bakehouse by the river ?. 2.1gm of GT shiny. The bigger just over 1.9 about 6 inches down in horribly mineralised ground with my trusty 14 elite and 45k.
My first ironstone stained bits too.. I'll have to get some acid and clean these up.

1509275304_20171029_220759.jpg

G'day Sleckie,
Looks good.
What sort of acid did you use and how long did you have it in it?
Regards
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle said:
G'day Sleckie,
Looks good.
What sort of acid did you use and how long did you have it in it?
Regards
Bullwinkle
Thanks bullwinkle,
I just soak them in Hydrochloric acid 100% pure lab quality overnight it dont eat the gold just anything else around or on it (very dangerous stuff!!!).
Scotty

Thanks Scotty,
I just bought some and was curious about what you used as it came up nicely.
Did you just rinse in water once you take it out of the acid?
I have heard of blokes soaking/rinsing in CLR or bi-carb soda, but wouldnt bother it if it's uneccessary.
Best regards
Mark

Well done Jamie :Y: :Y: :Y:

Mark, I have only rinsed in hot water afterwards others may have different opinions but thats what I do mate :Y: :Y:

Looks a bit like gold to me...... Well done mate. A couple of bits to show in the coming weeks would also be nice. Youve got the 45 tuned and humming.

Cheers until next time.

Les

Latest posts