⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told Detrack. how much I was finding over the weekend, 4 pieces for 0.66gm. Embarrassing :8 He told me that it's easy fixed, just buy a good "Z" and read the ground. The problem is: How and where to fine a good "Z".

hermann said:
I told Detrack. how much I was finding over the weekend, 4 pieces for 0.66gm. Embarrassing :8 He told me that it's easy fixed, just buy a good "Z" and read the ground. The problem is: How and where to fine a good "Z".

Didn't know there was good and/or bad regarding the GPZ. I thought they are all good and variables sit with the operator, if you know something can you tell us.

RM Outback said:
hermann said:

Didn't know there was good and/or bad regarding the GPZ. I thought they are all good and variables sit with the operator, if you know something can you tell us.
A mate of mine knows of 2 GPZ operators that went to W.A last year and one hit a faint target he could just barely hear it, then he got his mate to run his settings exactly the same and he couldn't hear nothing a all, so he tried having a go himself and he couldn't hear zip, then went back to his own and he got a signal, both were using Koss headphones so yeah you can get a better Z than others unless his headphones were better than his mates, who knows???

Could be a lot of variables. I know blokes that have said they were using the same settings but it was only the main settings that were the same. They still had some different settings like volume, volume limit, smoothing, threshold etc.
Two other things rarely checked for being the same that can have a pretty big part in machine operations is the Noise Cancel Channel & the Ground Balance. Wonder if both machines were using the same noise cancel channel & were both balanced the same on start up?
I don't dispute there are probably a few machines that aren't as good as the majority out there. I just don't believe it's as widespread as some think & there are other factors involved.
Hermann if you want a good machine buy one off a dealer or test drive a used one first. If it has found or is finding gold then it must be a good one hey :rolleyes:

A mate of mine bought a 5000 a few years ago, has not used it much; and another mate who got one at the same time and batch, had his looked at for faults. The 5000 of that batch had solder fractures he was told. Had it fixed and some mods, now working extra well. Must have been made on friday.

I was wondering about my GPZ , I bought it just before xmas and i was having a hard time with it , but the big problem was lack of support from the seller and even when questioned they really didnt know how to use one , i went on 3 orientation tours at coiltek maryborough and again a lack of knowledge about them but last tour the guy knew them and owned one and could hear sounds i couldnt . so with patience and continuing effort i am starting to believe in my gpz i wont be changing back to anything else , I find targets that others cant all the time so just need some gold to come more regularly.

In reference to Hermann comments it was that he has had 2 and has gone back to a 4800 , I Know no more then anyone else on good ones or bad but I don't fault mine and have the trust in it.
last thing I want for others to have doubt about there Detector.

Cheers

Been watching your work for a while Detrack. You must have a good eye for it, fantastic work.. found this nuglet about 10" down, in a crack in clay near Fryerstown. No Z but surprised how much depth/sensitivity with just a 4500 and Coiltek Elite 14"0.3 grams.
1489826988_20170318_185601.jpg

Thanks All

Aneillius

The 4500 is a very good detector and sounds like you have that 14" turned up just right for it.well done.

Chewton north is one of my favorite spots.

Cheers

Latest posts