⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1489396508_img_3010.jpg

1489396508_img_3011.jpg

First time I've posted some finds on here. Thought I'd cracked the gram mark but only .94
Then I shook it at home in a little jar with water to clean it and it broke - hence the 2 bits in the pic :rolleyes:

Had 3 sessions where I was skunked so nice to pick this one up. :Y:

Great weekend away with BigWave and his boos from the US, who we have named AussieBob, Dig'nit, and a catch up with Patrick and Marty today.

Pretty uneventful weekend for me after being on it for the last few outings. This is all I can show for my efforts over the last few days.

BUT, we did have some great stories around the fire, a few cigars, probably a little too much to drink, and overall good company over a superb weekend of good weather.

Thanks boys, it's a pleasure going out with you each time.

1489404444_img_0656.jpg

jwal said:
Great weekend away with BigWave and his boos from the US, who we have named AussieBob, Dig'nit, and a catch up with Patrick and Marty today.

Pretty uneventful weekend for me after being on it for the last few outings. This is all I can show for my efforts over the last few days.

BUT, we did have some great stories around the fire, a few cigars, probably a little too much to drink, and overall good company over a superb weekend of good weather.

Thanks boys, it's a pleasure going out with you each time.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6839/1489404444_img_0656.jpg

Sounds like the weekend I'm needing, I'll be keen in about 6 weeks got a bit on but due for some fun and real living :Y:.

Well done jwal great finds :Y:

1489474676_image.jpg
managed to get away for a quick overnight trip. Yields have gone down since the last one but that's to be expected but still had a great time fighting the March flies for my finds. They say Australia's the land of stingy bitey things . I think that name come from the GT. :D

Took my Yankee boss out for his first detect into the Australian bush with Dig'n-it, jwal, Patrick1 and Mardymoose. He was named Aussie Bob.
He loved the bush (may now have the yellow fever), the bush telly with good cigars (thanks jwal), some whisky and laughter amongst great company.
He even scored 3 for 0.98g to take home.
1489477326_bob_s_finds.jpg

Hey Bigwave, I want to apologise for my comment about the cigars. It really is none of my business and I sincerely appreciate anyone's choice to smoke.
Please accept my apology.
Mackka

Mackka, it's no issue mate - cigars only rarely with rum or whisky around a great camp fire with mates and telling tall tales. I thank you for your concern though - a spontaneously good intent.

Hi all

Would like to share this find with you all , all started with one small bit at about 1" down and as you do walk around to see if there is any other bits about, and got another target that gave the sound of every other bullet would make but with a 3-4" scratch it showed it was not going to be a bullet and at 1' it was screaming, I had gone through 7" of light clay before I hit wash and with a further dig pass the wash I hit sub red clay and thats were it was resting.

The next target was the same just like a bullet but much deeper and much bigger and then follow by a smaller bit of a ozs I spent some time there with not one more bit found but did get a much more view of the area geology it was in to now research for future works , I have seen this sort of shot of gold many times in my years of prospecting were the host source will give a shot/spill of gold and most times I work the line of the source north-south along the line.

Its still out there and this was in a area that is very popular to other Prospectors and central within the Golden Triangle and you must big every target even if you see others that have dug there before you as you can't see whats under the surface, old prospectors hole about doesn't always mean its been worked for gold so be patient to which you should have for this hobby.

Has some stone attached have it in Albright for now to clean off some of the light dirt and stone and will see how it looks if not happy will put in HF for a full clean.

Cheers

:eek: good going Detrack, your a gold magnet mate and as Bjay says can't wait to see them cleaned up. It looks like there's a little bit of quartz in them.When I soaked my 11oz and 5oz in Alibright the quartz had a dull look after a 2 week soak, it didn't come out the best but the gold came out fantastic and using HF acid I have no idea, not game enough to mess with that stuff.
Thanks for sharing your find mate :Y:

Latest posts