⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isolation said:
Wally69 said:
Looks like ore from the copper mine behind Sunny Corner.

Wash your hands and don't suck your thumb.

Copper mine??!! No wonder there was no gold there ;)

Plenty of mineralisation in the area, Heatho bagged a small nugget downstream about 1km but I came up empty handed other than the usual buckshot and a bucket of blackberrys

Metamorphic said:
Great work Willo,

Those prickly pieces to the left of shot have not traveled far from the source at all.

Other bits look more washed.......found at same spot?

How did you go area gridding them?

Metamorphic the nuggets were found in the same goldfield but different areas. I did grid around the largest nugget but it was an only child.

Some of the rough and smooth pieces were found in close proximity to each other.

Ian

k man said:
shiftyrick said:
im having trouble putting pics on here any ideas
I've had the same problem with my phone.given up trying now and just enjoy others that post pics

Try the APP 'simple Resize' just open the APP select photo you want, mine will automatically make it the right size' then save and upload that photo, works for me and I tried a lot of APP's.

Central West NSW Gold.

Me likey!

Weapon of choice SDC2300.

1427019360_cam00933-optimized.jpg

Yeah mate,

Ive got it running on 5 now with threshold at 5 as well. Try and tune the ears out to the chatter and listen for the repeatable higher pitch tones. The more time spent with it the more I understand it. Coil flat to the ground and sweep the dirt SLOWLY and listen.

RS

Nice work RS, farout I'm keen to get out, can't believe I got sick during my favourite time of year for detecting............. Anyway at least someone is getting some. :)

Hill End put on a glorious weekend Heath and the new general store management has the coffee machine humming and the restaurant buzzing.

While RS kept cleaning up the reef gold I found a run of 4 small nuggets downslope. The GPX boys must have hit this area pretty hard as other than the nuggets, only a handful of super-small lead came to the surface.

Another two small nuggets came from new areas so I will have some serious work ahead of me when I head out again.
1427063225_image.jpg

Plenty of Fuggets but two musket balls, a couple of buttons and a horseshoe put a smile on my dial :D a broach pin got me excited for a while but I failed to find it's better half.
1427063252_image.jpg

Not all that glitters is gold as I took possession of Normeve's daughters artwork on the weekend. My best score for the weekend without doubt. :D :cool: :D
1427063279_image.jpg

Wally69 said:
Hill End put on a glorious weekend Heath and the new general store management has the coffee machine humming and the restaurant buzzing.

While RS kept cleaning up the reef gold I found a run of 4 small nuggets downslope. The GPX boys must have hit this area pretty hard as other than the nuggets, only a handful of super-small lead came to the surface.

Another two small nuggets came from new areas so I will have some serious work ahead of me when I head out again.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1427063225_image.jpg
Plenty of Fuggets but two musket balls, a couple of buttons and a horseshoe put a smile on my dial :D a broach pin got me excited for a while but I failed to find it's better half.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1427063252_image.jpg
Not all that glitters is gold as I took possession of Normeve's daughters artwork on the weekend. My best score for the weekend without doubt. :D :cool: :D
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1427063279_image.jpg

Farout mate great weekend all round for you. All I got was a speeding ticket, not that I really care, lol. Hopefully that's my run of bad luck over with for now.

Thanks RDD,

A fire has gone through on the hill so you can see all the way to the top opening up some access to ground. I reckon I will look at a 2nd hand 4500 later this year as they seem to be value and still a very capable machine.

Did you get a 7000?

Still have a about 1.5 metres of the speci dump to scrape and detect. Its in there but you have to work bloody hard to uncover them!

Look forward to catching up again some time this year.

Cheers RS

Worth the effort I reckon Retirement Stone to keep going for those specimens at the spot.
I did get a GPZ 7000. I am very happy with it. It works well on small specimens ( a friend got on to a small reef shedding small specimens and did well). First trip with about 5 solid days detecting with two other Zed users netted me 42 grams, including some crystalline pieces with shape. biggest piece in the image is 5 grams.
Catch you in the field sometime. Cheers RDD

Latest posts