⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1472462474_image.jpg

1472462323_image.jpg

Sunday at Caslemaine. Two small pieces again.

I'll let the photos do the talking
4.55g from 5 goldfields in Nsw central west over the last week and a bit
Quite a few hours detecting, a few curse words and plenty of talking to myself
If I could time travel, I would pay a visit to whoever the hell invented the shotgun and have a few words :lol:
Weather was ordinary some days and perfect the next, typical for this time of year on the CT

The company wasn't to bad either with Syndyne and his old man to chew the fat with over a few days. You two are legends and nor only great guys but awesome prospectors too
Till next trip
Reece
1472560178_image.jpg

1472560179_image.jpg
1472560278_image.jpg
1472560314_image.jpg
1472560426_image.jpg
1472560448_image.jpg
1472560473_image.jpg

1472562583_image.jpg
RM Outback said:
Well done Reeks, great post love the picture of the specimen
Thanks RM, the specie came from Wattle flat (my first colour from there) and was the first target :cool:
Syndyne suggested it was ancient lead material, rather than your typical gold in host rock/vein as the layer contains worn quartz crystals and rounded gold and can clearly be identified as a conglomerate

Here's another pic
1472562446_image.jpg

1472562446_image.jpg

Well done Reece. I too have found a nugget at Wattle Flat cemented in conglomerate where iron has leached through ancient gravels and formed a hard conglomerate.

I notice that one of your nuggets has a blister protruding from it. I don't know how they form but the blisters are common on the very flat nuggets from the stuart town-burrendong area. Many of the nuggets are flat and elongated from being hammered in big rivers (ancient paleo Macquarie river channels) yet some have large blisters/domes of gold sticking out of the flat surfaces. Wish I knew how they formed.
cheers RDD

Awesome pics Reeko! Love that speccie!
Great spending time with you again, despite the ordinary weather. The Mosquitos just came out to play also.

Never noticed the small blisters on the CW gold before RDD? I'll check out my little bits too and see if I can see any. Interesting feature.

Cheers,
Shauno.

Wish I could have made it out fellas, hopefully will for the next trip. Still gotta find my first bit at Wattle Flat, bloody hate that place, lol. Even managed a piece from Sunny Corner but WF still stuffs me everytime......

Well done on all those nice nugs Reece.

Reeks said:
Cheers Steve, is this what you are talking about?https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1557/1472565072_image.jpg
The specie has 3 shows of colour, but only gave a subtle signal on the sdc so gold content is less than .2 at a guess

Yes Reece, that's them. After finding the blisters of different sizes on many many flat nuggets from the area it is obvious they are not random features, they are caused by some process...maybe pressure ? They can be large on bigger nuggets, and they should not be there when you look at how the nuggets are flattened and stretched out in the big river flow they were shaped in. Anyway...a minor mystery.
I have not got images of many of them...a couple small ones on one nugget in the image below (top leftish).
PS. had some good days picking up hundreds of them from some patches in the Burrendong/stuart town area...but that was way back then...harder now.
cheers RDD

Latest posts