⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunny and I over Easter
1428389651_image.jpg

Dad and I got a couple of hours of hunting in over easter in a little river near weldbrough. only got a few but not bad for the time we put in. the Quartz on the top right was from another day near gladstone

1428699552_p1120759.jpg

Here is my most recent parcel of stones just finished by Lamberts, I like how they send you a photo with the bill, just paid for it and they should be back after the Thai New Year celebrations. Keen to see the large cabochons actually as well as the faceted stones.

Will post better pics when I receive them.

1428708645_heatho_stones.jpg

you must be getting quite a large collection of cut stones by the look of this last lot you had cut.. do you sell them on to help with funds or keep them?? I would keep only the very best myself.. :)

kawman said:
you must be getting quite a large collection of cut stones by the look of this last lot you had cut.. do you sell them on to help with funds or keep them?? I would keep only the very best myself.. :)

This is my 2nd parcel so far, I've got probably 3 other smallish parcels about the same size to send once funds allow, haven't sold any as yet as these are only the very smallest stones I've found. I've got a couple of projectsthat I want to get done also.

I will try to sell some on ebay sooner or later and see if anyone is interested but these are only low value ones.

I'll ask Barney to do my better stones for me seeing he does such an outstanding job. Actually he already has a couple of nicer ones of mine to do, can't wait until he gets the chance to do them.

As you can see though Kawman the prices are reasonable at Lamberts and they will cut any small clear stones and cab any Sapphire bombs that are attractive to look at, it is well worth it in my opinion. Prices on the satchels are USD though.

Also the rejects are numerous, I actually sorted these myself into quite clear Sapphire and still more than 50% were rejected.

Awesome collection Health, can you tell me how the prices work on the bags? Price / carat is on the top, then what are the numbers down the bottom?

Number of carats / amount you owe?
Does that mean you pay for the rejected stones too?

Cheers

Found my first ever sapphire in the larger sieve -- very excited to finally find something that is a bit bigger but the quality is not as good as some of the other finds of the day. Still, a very exciting day :)

1428745672_img_0719.jpg
1428745770_img_0720.jpg
1428745793_img_0724.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on whether it is worth cutting or not?

Thanks man!! I think I got a bit lucky to be honest :) still looking for my first nice big cutable stone before winter sets in and the snow comes down!

Hi guys this is my haul (gem wise) today didn't do too good on gold only found a little so I was focusing on the gems today I love the look can anyone tell me what they are and if they are worth getting cut?
1428833671_image.jpg
1428833684_image.jpg
1428833696_image.jpg

1428834386_image.jpg

Not sure if this one helps it's using my currency detector magnifier sorry if it's not clear it's the light blue one thought it was glass u till I used the loupe

Zircon, looks like a milky saphire and the clear one maybe very clear saphire/zircon
And looks like a few bits of quarts
Nice work mate

Latest posts