⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1423952774_gem_006.jpg

62.80 ct . some of the better stones from last trip

Cheers mate,
the blue and yellow were found within half hour of each other, all from the creek mate, together we all got plenty of good stones and I took pics of before and after where they were found and I am loving the sound of early April especially if you are keen.
I am really keen to go have a crack at GG if you have any heads up on the place any nuggets of info would be appreciated too

Gemzilla said:
Cheers mate,
the blue and yellow were found within half hour of each other, all from the creek mate, together we all got plenty of good stones and I took pics of before and after where they were found and I am loving the sound of early April especially if you are keen.
I am really keen to go have a crack at GG if you have any heads up on the place any nuggets of info would be appreciated too

Awesome! Yeah will be a touch cooler by then too.

Sent you a PM.

The problem is that the raw diamonds don't really stand out. We most likely through a few away simply because they are too small and ordinary looking.

Some of those green stones look more like peridot than sapphires - is there peridot at GG?

Lefty said:
Some of those green stones look more like peridot than sapphires - is there peridot at GG?

I see blue on the borders of most of the greens, maybe your computer monitor setting? I've never seen peridot with blue hues... anyway nice haul! =)

I've certainly seen a lot of green stones at GG that are not sapphires -- they look like peridot to me when they are in hand but I am not sure what exactly they are!

Sodabowski said:
Lefty said:

I see blue on the borders of most of the greens, maybe your computer monitor setting? I've never seen peridot with blue hues... anyway nice haul! =)

Yeah, I see those ones - they look like sapphires. But some of the other ones do look a bit peridot-ish :)

Latest posts