⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice start Matt, really well done, won't take too long before you get a few to cut. There are much larger ones there for sure but fewer and further between than New England area, the colour of Oberon stones are outstanding though. A few of those you could probably already send to Thailand but wait until you have a hundred or so to choose from, takes 2-3 months return from the Thais.

Porters retreat has a fossicking area too where some nice large stones have been found and mined previously. 20 mins down the road from Black Springs.

Looking forward to Sunday mate.

Matturbo said:
Yep Wally, but everyone says there's no biggies there, where else can I search that's not too far, I would like a decent cutter.

Patience mate, looks like you already found a nice spot. :)

Saw one last time I was there, probably about 12ct and perfectly clear, admittingly the gentleman who showed it to me had invested 10 solid days of effort to come up with the goods but anyone could have picked it up first scoop, that's the beauty with this game called prospecting, you just never know what the next scoop or pan will lay out.

A bit of persistence and luck is all that is needed.

"5 minutes from soon-to-be-home", jeez... all I can find here in Paris five minutes from home is dog poop on the sidewalks and flintstone where there's bare ground... Maybe I should start selling faceted flint from Paris,France, baby... after all, the Chinese might get the bait... ^^ dude those tiny sapphs show a way better color than the best I bought!

Sunday will be good Heatho!

Now I've had some luck at the proven grounds I'm a bit more confident of finding my own private patch (eventually lol)

Sodabowski, the properties location actually kickstarted this fine obsession, it started me looking into it after researching the forest Im in. :)

Sodabowski said:
"5 minutes from soon-to-be-home", jeez... all I can find here in Paris five minutes from home is dog poop on the sidewalks and flintstone where there's bare ground... Maybe I should start selling faceted flint from Paris,France, baby... after all, the Chinese might get the bait... ^^ dude those tiny sapphs show a way better color than the best I bought!
You know, many of us live in Sydney and it is at least a 3 hours drive.
The massif Central has very beautiful sapphires, and I have seen big ones (1-2ct once cut), you should try for a week end, with the A75 freeway, it is not so far from Paris.

Yup, heard of them (and seen some faceted, wow), and amethysts, smokeys, and the best drinking water of the country! Don't have a car alas, and absolutely no time before next summer!

Yeah I got a new iPad ,
I have the same resize app,as before ,I can change my aviator ,no probs.
I sent the prob through to PA,no response.
Miss u nugget........

No error message ,
I select image ok
Then insert image ok
But when I close the image page it don't transfer across ,I did not think it was admins drama ,but it was mine and I was asking if anything had changed .
Anyway pics and location of my finds are now top secret :D

Tried to post pic off my old iPad and still nothing!

Varts said:
No error message ,
I select image ok
Then insert image ok
But when I close the image page it don't transfer across ,I did not think it was admins drama ,but it was mine and I was asking if anything had changed .
Anyway pics and location of my finds are now top secret :D

Tried to post pic off my old iPad and still nothing!

Mate if you close the image page then you never pasted it :) after insert the page should load automatically and bring you back to your comment with the image code
Im not sure why you would ever need to close the image loader... dont do anything drastic we need your gems :)
1422778137_tmp_22288-2015-02-01_19.08.53-1187639201.png

Thanks mate ,put heaps of pics up,but for some reason it no work any more ,
Any way got some sweet pics when I get it sorted.

Varts............

Latest posts