⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Varts :) Nice gems,

Are they Zircon,Sapphire,Topaz or Diamond? :)

Cheers,
''B''

I have been out to a diamond mine that I have been researching,finally found it .it ran from 1961 to 1994 hung out with the owner,very hectic spot like Jurassic park,I think they are a mixture of everything ,better pics on my camera that show the fire!cant upload at the moment,old mining gear like I have never seen,old tip trucks driven to the top of the mountain then had the tip body welded to the roof and turned into a giant Wal banker,you should have seen this stuff crazy..
Saw the pics and receipts of old mates life ,last sale in 1994 wait for it 2.2 kilo :eek: yep gems,
Varts...

Great work Varts, sounds like a very interesting place. Nice stones. Yellowish one on the Left looks particularly interesting to me.

1389531644_image.jpg

If only they were a bit bigger :D

1389870631_image.jpg

Trust me heatho,size does matter.

Nice girls with big hearts just say" size doesn't matter" :lol:

Thought I should share a photo of a stone I picked up last week.

Think it may be red jasper banded with hematite ??? and a quartz vein, but happy to be corrected.

1390118193_image.jpg

Thanks Charlie, picked it up east of Newman WA out amongst a quartz/ironstone field, have a few more from same geology but I think I will shape this one.

I m only learning ,and only use 1 machine,but have two hand sets so I cut one stone then the other then change the blade,takes me several hours ..

They do look nice,and make you smile,on the other hand it is like cutting the arms and legs of a pretty chick just to see the beauty in her face :lol:

Very nice work mate.

That's one way of looking at it. :) Maybe that's why I'm having trouble parting with my stones to have cut...... I like legs.

Latest posts