⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally69 said:
Jef - unbelievable colour you have there, that greeny-blue looks sensational.

Are they from the washpool creek just north of Clermont? I need to go to Muranbah at some stage in the next 4 weeks, with colour like that I may try and fit in a day trip.

Heatho - been trying to get out Oberon way for a while so would be keen, are you planning the 15/16th or the following w'end?

Wally 14th, 15th, 16th is the plan, still not 100%. Will send you a PM when I'm certain.

Another pic :)
1391950417_image.jpg

My 18yo digging in the creek near Glen Innes

1392013170_glen_innes.jpg

Good clear smokey quartz tip. Was taken from the TV when we were looking at our GoPro trip footage.

Hey Charlie123,

They have done some work in their time!

We had a 12 bike tube around the sieves at times. Saved the back. Waders were the go to get access anywhere in the creek.

Retirement Stone said:
Hey Charlie123,

They have done some work in their time!

We had a 12 bike tube around the sieves at times. Saved the back. Waders were the go to get access anywhere in the creek.

floating sieves :)

nice idea

( if there is not a fast current flow )

i nearly waved goodbye to a pan once doing that ;)

jimnyjerry said:
Retirement was that smoky from Yarrow Ck?

Hi jimnyjerry,

I believe it is the Sara River where we go.

We do cross over Yarrow creek along the way from Glencoe but it just looks like a swamp either side of the road.

Cheers

1392460093_sized.jpg

so this is my biggest sapphire find so far just over 92ct (still new to it all) in probly 3 weeks all together total sapphire fossicking up in Sapphire QLD. mum has a claim up there and is having it checked by a friend...can see colour all around the edges but cant see through the middle at first i figured it was just a bomb but under a brighter light we realised we could also see more colour up the edges...it may be that its just too chunky and deep blue to see through properly...so will wait for the jewelers opinion!

1392460188_20130703_105445.jpg

and this is the hole it came out of.....took about 4 days of digging to get around 5 foot down in the creek, unfortunately i flew out about 18 hours after i found it so didnt have a chance to go back and continue digging...i filled up the hole and took a mental picture so i will be going back haha

Great stone there Blayke, and looks like a lot of sweat went into finding it. Hope you get back and find all its mates.

Wal.

so do i richo haha.
thanks wal yes especially towards the bottom as i was short on time i couldnt widen the hole and at the bottom there were big bowling ball sized rocks

blayke said:
so do i richo haha.
thanks wal yes especially towards the bottom as i was short on time i couldnt widen the hole and at the bottom there were big bowling ball sized rocks

wow . you must have been just getting to the pay zone

need a hand with digging ? lol

would love a hand....but im only up sapphire way for about a week or two each year....hoping to be up that way around april/may again for a week or two. planning to spend a day out clermont gold detecting and a day out at reward the rest back to that hole providing theres no water

Latest posts