⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its certainly a subjective issue the which colour is the best pan but i think the biggest issue is plastic quality and durability.

Cheap pans pit out really quickly and the plastic will whiten or lighter rather quickly. I personally prefer green pans garret to be exact for an all rounder and if at home ill use the large then middle then small if i have alot of cons to get through.

The gold around ballarat can be everything from mercury coated to bronze yellow brown and black near any of the prominent pyrite works. Green is really the only colour that i find works consistently in the creek.

When crushing rock i actually prefer my blue pans similar colour to the above. The keene pan to be exact it has a small very fine riffle section thats perfect for reducing black sand and it worked a treat at eldorado. Think its probably the best value cheap pan ive had around $15 and the sulphides really stand out.

I reckon at the end of the day it comes down to a blokes patience and method and how knackered you are when doing the cleanup.

I prefer a gold pan with black speckles , it makes it so much more of a challenge pmsl :lol: :lol:

but honestly
Garret green is my favorite its a shame they wear because I think the slick surface of a new pan holds the gold better when you swirl the water around in the final cleaning.

G/D Too true mate quality and durability can be seen between the cheap pan and the more expensive pan. And yes indeed the garret range of pf pans has to be there with the best of them. When a cheap pan starts to whiten that can be a pain having said that they still work fine but the fine gold is had to see when a pan gets to that stage. At the end of each trip I give my pans a quick rub down with a bit of wet & dry sand paper which takes out any scratches and small chips. After which I wash them down with dishwashing liquid which gets rid of any oils.
A/F youre a funny bugger and yes your right but the pan gets better after a bit of use. J.

cecc said:
Wow that's a nice clean up.

Yep mate not bad . But then I have times when I do a whole lot worse and that is most times. But for me it is not about how much gold I get but been out there getting gold. J.
1446886268_thumb.jpg

Very nice benda, very nice. I don't like wishing my life away but...hurry up Thursday and I will be back out to Hill End for a long weekend.

The Peacekeeper.

Latest posts