⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents, I hope you enjoyed it even half as much as I did out in the paddock.

Madworld, thanks for your compliments. I have always been fascinated by languages and how literary greats could structure and fashion it to forge a story and have you almost living the tale. The French have a term for it, I can remember what it is right now because I don't speak French, but writers including Fitzsimons and Roland Perry and many others use it most effectively to drag you into the story where you almost become a participant rather than a mere observer. I like such an approach and it influences how I recount and form my narratives.

Years of study and writing hundreds frikkin essays and papers hasn't hurt and at the moment I am writing training materials and vet the written submissions of others. Sometimes it can become a punish but, for me it's like building or making something out in the shed. You stand back when you are done with a beer in hand and look at your work and take pride and satisfaction in what you have been able to achieve for yourself or for the benefit of others.

Also Madworld, I could not let it go without mention, the song of your name's sake, Gary Jules' version was one that was something of a theme for the RAMSI mission in the Solomon Islands. The lyrics have a disturbingly close affinity with events and conditions on the ground- It's a mad world......

Regards,

The Peacekeeper

Great story and great color, I agree you feel like you're there, ready to get into some color, awesome.

My latest Reedy Creek clean up...

1446709639_rps20151105_175431.jpg

1446709675_rps20151105_175458.jpg

Hi all yep been out on the gold again. Man what a time I had in regards to the weather rain, rain & more rain, but it was good digging weather. I ran into a few members while out there they had been camping at the spot for around a week running their Banker and doing rather well, I am sorry I cannot remember your names but guys I did enjoy meeting you it was a pleasure indeed. A chap approached me while I was working and asked how he could get into prospecting and wished to know where to start, he had a detector but wanted to know more. Now that was a hard question to answer. My only thought was to ask him to join this web site, everything he needs to know is here on site. If it is not then one of the members will know. I am pleased to say he is now a member welcome mate there a good bunch of gold diggers here. As a note I would like to add my thoughts on the colour of a gold pan, a Blue pan is great for seeing the blacks, but can be a bit how ya going on fine gold. A Black pan is great for seeing fine gold but how ya going on the blacks. A Green pan shows the black and gold good when new but as they get used a bit the fine gold can get a bit hard to see. Can anyone add to this. J.
1446758837_thumb.jpg

Day one

1446758922_day_1_copy.jpg

Day two

1446758974_day_2_copy.jpg

Day three

1446759018_day_3_copy.jpg

All up

1446759070_final_tally_copy.jpg

As a note I would like to add my thoughts on the colour of a gold pan, a Blue pan is great for seeing the blacks, but can be a bit how ya going on fine gold. A Black pan is great for seeing fine gold but how ya going on the blacks. A Green pan shows the black and gold good when new but as they get used a bit the fine gold can get a bit hard to see. Can anyone add to this. J.

Wonder if the manufacturers could mold their plastic pans with one half a contrasting colour to the other half, say black and blue?

TTKooAu said:
As a note I would like to add my thoughts on the colour of a gold pan, a Blue pan is great for seeing the blacks, but can be a bit how ya going on fine gold. A Black pan is great for seeing fine gold but how ya going on the blacks. A Green pan shows the black and gold good when new but as they get used a bit the fine gold can get a bit hard to see. Can anyone add to this. J.

Wonder if the manufacturers could mold their plastic pans with one half a contrasting colour to the other half, say black and blue?

:) I like the way you think.
1446779740_thumb.jpg

Hi here is a trick I do when panning off and the fine gold starts to float. In my sucker bottle I put a few drops of biodegradable dishwash liquid.. And when the gold starts to float I just give the water in the pan a quick squirt and that stops the gold floating in its tracks.

1446779800_thumb.jpg

1446779855_sucker_copy.jpg

Jembaicumbene said:
Hi here is a trick I do when panning off and the fine gold starts to float. In my sucker bottle I put a few drops of biodegradable dishwash liquid.. And when the gold starts to float I just give the water in the pan a quick squirt and that stops the gold floating in its tracks.

Hi J, for that superfine gold the likes of which you find at Oallen - I use dishwasher rinse aid (Jet Dry in the USA) , I find that excellent in breaking up the surface tension and it improves the backwash technique for separating those pesky black sands from the gold.

Cheers
Barry

Hi Barry spot on all that stuff works well hey. Penny I think that was her name said you may drop in and see them but they were unsure if they would stay on. It all depended on the weather. I must say they are very nice people.

Jembaicumbene said:
Hi Barry spot on all that stuff works well hey. Penny I think that was her name said you may drop in and see them but they were unsure if they would stay on. It all depended on the weather. I must say they are very nice people.

Yep been eyeing off the weather so might try to get over next week for a dig if weather improves.

Latest posts