⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree Headsup, heard a lot of stories about people trudging several k's into the bush for nothing, only to find a nice nugget 20 feet from the car on the way back. Most historic gold areas seem to have roads going right to them, which is why the road was probably built in the first place, to transport the gold out. I guess people get there, get so eager to get off the main area they actually walk out of the gold bearing area.

Heatho said:
I agree Headsup, heard a lot of stories about people trudging several k's into the bush for nothing, only to find a nice nugget 20 feet from the car on the way back. Most historic gold areas seem to have roads going right to them, which is why the road was probably built in the first place, to transport the gold out. I guess people get there, get so eager to get off the main area they actually walk out of the gold bearing area.

If you sat and watched a bit of bush where people are walking , you will find that they all follow the same path , regardless of there being any track there or not , geography , vegetation , and maybe magnetic effects from the earth all have an influence on our subconscious , causing us to follow the other sheep.

sitting quietly and detaching from those influences might show us fresh ground that has been missed by others.

:/

HeadsUp said:
If you sat and watched a bit of bush where people are walking , you will find that they all follow the same path , regardless of there being any track there or not , geography , vegetation , and maybe magnetic effects from the earth all have an influence on our subconscious , causing us to follow the other sheep.
The path of least resistance is the one most travelled ;)

Hey Jenmal, that's some great gold from nundle, the peel river is still giving up the goods. Welcome to the forum too.

Well dun GR!
If that don't make ya tail wag, I don't know what will.

Thanks for sharing(the picture that is) :D

Hey GR it was a great week at black cat creek rain, snow, freezing my butt off, wet fire wood, creek rising drowning the pump wouldn't have missed it :D
heres the other half of the catch around 7 grams of the stuff.

It was fun and hell at the sametime skip but getting the gold was the best part,
just to see your eyes lightup when you specked those bigger bits,great week
thanks mate.....
GR....

it would be interesting to post here about finding gold in an area, and then watch how many people turned up over the following weeks to pillage the place.

i wonder how many of them would be " guest visitors " to the website who have never actually posted anything

and that is why, I try and contribute to the banter, and never ever tell anyone, what you find, or where. :lol:

I spoke to 3 people at GG that say they only get info off this forum and are not even members
Should lock it up so they have to join I say

Shirts for members, paid for with the membership? Family membership??? Worn when out and about prospecting....
Reminds me haven't ordered one yet... :eek:
Option for high vis Nugget, don't wanna get shot :mad:

Sw1fty said:
Shirts for members, paid for with the membership? Family membership??? Worn when out and about prospecting....
Reminds me haven't ordered one yet... :eek:
Option for high vis Nugget, don't wanna get shot :mad:

wish i was artistically creative so i could dream up some kind of simple environmental slogan to go on shirts so it endears us to the general community while also opening doors from the odd farmer or two when we visit their property pleading politely for access . .

anyone got ideas on that theme ?

Anybody seen the Ren & Stimpy cartoons? Picture of Stimpy with the big pleading eyes saying pleeeeze maybe?

shirts with a microchip, with forum name and logon.
So if you are not wearing your shirt you cannot logon.
Did I really say that LOL,, time for another beer. 8)

Latest posts