⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DD and GR,
Thanks for the time a few weeks ago, at Tuena, I got to boot from work as discussed, so time is aplenty for fun.
I've got a folding Jobe jobbie, thats a 9", looking at a conversion to what DD had working, any tips would be appreciated.

Blueons

WalnLiz said:
You're not going to believe this DD...but she managed to stick that whole friggin' bunch into the back of the troopie for the return trip home :eek: ....good thing I only got 23 grams of gold as my springs were rely suffering.Cheers Wal. :)

perfect opportunity for her to get in some wheelstand practice in the troopy on the run home

All these where found with a 'Whites GMT'

I cannot believe the size of the pieces that this machine will pick up.

I think these are garnets, any ideas?

I don't know how long these stones tumbled for in the stream. Zircons?

Lots of hard work but every hour enjoyable! :) :) This gold is from a different location than the top photo and is less golden in colour, is it because of lesser purity? the top photo is Palmer River gold. I think the little round bits could be gold in mercury as it has a yellow tinge to it, not sure.

Nice finds!! :p

My smallest bit with the GMT was 0.06 gram 8) . Haven't found a lot yet though - that's a nice little haul ya got with yours.

Wow thats awesome we have a whites GMT but havent had any success as yet with gold just bullets and ring pulls. :)

I too have found plenty of those - goes with the territory I think regardless of detector :lol:

Nice display Kemjak, great colors. think your correct regards the yellowness of the gold indicating purity. the tumbled stones are great.

Stumbled upon a little patch this afternoon, 14 nuggets for 5.8g. I only stayed for an hour as I was right near the main road and didn't want anyone to catch on to what I was up to ;).

c0c995c23d7f94f91704556d80ff50ac.jpg

DD

Lol, night vision goggles would be cool. Forgot to mention I got a gold plated belt buckle too, it's got rustless written on it, anyone seen one of these? Taking Dudette back to this spot today to help clean it out. I will take a pic of the belt buckle this afternoon once I clean it up.

DD

I am thinking that our prospecting techniques are quite different from the old timers due to the circumstances of us spending a much more limited time at a location. Either day trips or a few days if we are lucky.

Most of the time, we are going for crevices, digging into shallow holes and such. Putting quite a bit of what they would have called overburden through our high bankers.

Old timers were digging much deeper to the wash layers on ancient river beds and were getting better results. Almost all the old newspapers seem to say that they were digging deeper for gold panning.

Diggerdude said:
Lol, night vision goggles would be cool. Forgot to mention I got a gold plated belt buckle too, it's got rustless written on it, anyone seen one of these? Taking Dudette back to this spot today to help clean it out. I will take a pic of the belt buckle this afternoon once I clean it up.

DD
C'mon DD you have us all waiting in suspense!!!

:) Adam

Haha, sorry mate. We haven't been back up there yet as we are getting enough right near our campsite! We have gotten 50g in two weeks from within 100m of the caravan, all little bits. The biggest is 1.8g, most are about .5g. I have only been detecting 2hrs per day as Uni has started up again, but we are pretty happy picking up the easy bits around here for now. I will try to get some nuggets back of dudette to take a pic, she stashes them as soon as I find them :).
Heading back to our lease next week where they are a bit bigger, but will definately be back to both these spots again.

DD

Redmanti said:
I am thinking that our prospecting techniques are quite different from the old timers due to the circumstances of us spending a much more limited time at a location. Either day trips or a few days if we are lucky.

Most of the time, we are going for crevices, digging into shallow holes and such. Putting quite a bit of what they would have called overburden through our high bankers.

Old timers were digging much deeper to the wash layers on ancient river beds and were getting better results. Almost all the old newspapers seem to say that they were digging deeper for gold panning.

i noticed that too . the older guys had more patience and would work a spot until it was thoroughly done . these days some of us are too quick to race around from place to place chasing hype hope or hyperbole , or buying / making the latest must-have gadget.

sometimes just sitting quietly in the bush and looking / feeling whats around us might give us clues that we have walked right past a dozen times before.

:|

Latest posts