My new project, The Wal banker-Highbanker banker hybrid..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedWaz

Warren
Reaction score
I'm in the process of making a banker with the best of both worlds. Sluice tray with normal High banker and Wal banker attachments.. I will post more pics of the process here..

Cheers Waz :D

Colmaca said:
Why change what works ? Walbanker :)
Why Change.
Why not? after all I am sure that Wal would have changed his many times before he arrived at it's current design.
Changing things & getting them working the way you want is all part of this hobby & DIY should be encouraged!!!

Looks good mate, it is a great feeling when you get "Gold" with gear you have made!!!!!

cheers
Lee

Colmaca said:
Why change what works ? Walbanker :)
So many different options to run material with a highbanker. This model with the angled hopper will process heaps more material than a wal banker. Good to see people using their initiative to create something that works for them.

Hey Wickedwaz,

looks good so far, if you need to cut slots in your ally!! A little tip, I use a steel slotting bit in my router, but a word of warning mate, if you use this method of slotting, do not lose concentration and don't become distracted while the router is running and another biggie!!! grip that router real tight because it will want to kick something savage.
Cheers

Goldslave

TheFossickingKid said:
Hey waz just wondering what are the measurements for the holes. I'm gonna be making one for myself soon

The holes for the spray bar are 2inch, my bar is 1.5 as I only had a 2inch hole saw.. They are the holes you were talking about I hope..

Cheers Waz

Goldslave said:
Hey Wickedwaz,

looks good so far, if you need to cut slots in your ally!! A little tip, I use a steel slotting bit in my router, but a word of warning mate, if you use this method of slotting, do not lose concentration and don't become distracted while the router is running and another biggie!!! grip that router real tight because it will want to kick something savage.
Cheers

Goldslave

Thanks for the tip Goldslave, but I'm am cutting part of the base out and fitting steel grizzly bars..

Cheers Waz :)

WickedWaz said:
Goldslave said:
Hey Wickedwaz,

Cheers

Goldslave

Thanks for the tip Goldslave, but I'm am cutting part of the base out and fitting steel grizzly bars..

Hi Wickedwaz,

This is my version of the "wal inspired" highbanker.

Cheers

Barry

1405859103_dsc_2144.jpg

I honestly can't wait to test it at our spot.. This pan was from a few hours classifying and feeding a river sluice, about 6 buckets. When this project is finished I should be able to move more material.. More material hopefully means more gold..

Cheers Waz

bazza2210 said:
WickedWaz said:
Goldslave said:
Hey Wickedwaz,

Cheers

Goldslave

Hi Wickedwaz,

This is my version of the "wal inspired" highbanker.

Cheers

Barry

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1112/1405859103_dsc_2144.jpg

Looks great Barry, yes Wal has inspired plenty of us now. It's a great design.. Great work Wal!

Hey waz just wanted your thoughts on why you went with a Grizzly setup. I have my reservations about them, but an open mind as I have not used one.

Latest posts