⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1615544014_img_1380.jpg

Here is our effort from last weekend ( actually 5 day weekend ) the wife and I spent in the triangle
All were cleaned in acid first as some were completely covered in ironstone
the 2 top left side were one before the wife broke into 2 pieces thinking it was a piece of rusty steel or iron
but was surprised it was solid gold inside.
Good weekend had by all.

cheers Bob..

Hi Big Johno

Both using 5000s coupled with 14" camo coiltek for me and the wife's machine has a 14 x 9 camo
seem to do the job just nice .
Went out Tuesday around Daylesford , me 2 wife 1 all up around 0.75 grms.

Bob..

davent said:
I need the grass to dry out and burn!!!
Over head high where I want to go.....

You only want to go to that spot because nobody can see you. What are you going to do when there's no grass to hide in? :lol:

Nice finds Teemore!! Let's hope there's more in that spot for you.

I have a new combo of my 4500 and an old NF 10x5 elliptical. It's one of the early white fibreglass ones. I went in to buy as Sadie but Coiltek didn't have one in stock at the time.
The white NF was sitting in the second hand section looking lonely so for 80 bucks I took it home.

I tried it in a spot a I went to about a month ago and it has now paid for itself on the first outing.

The original skid plate was an ugly looking thing, thick as a frying pan, so I took it off because it was worse for wear anyway.
Five of the six pieces were found by sticking the coil in under bushes and moving sticks, poking it in around the overhang on some old holes etc.

The worked area is very small, maybe 100m by 20m, and many people have been there before me but I am happy with the finds and happy with old Whitey.

Avoca Gold 1.65g

1616879910_img_5872.jpg

Goldfield Joe said:
The worked area is very small, maybe 100m by 20m, and many people have been there before me but I am happy with the finds and happy with old Whitey.

Avoca Gold 1.65g

Well done GJ and thanks for posting .. only ever managed gold with the SDC in the Avoca area, the Sadie would possibly clean up a few more, but I'd be sticking to the current combo till you've cleaned the area.

Warrenmang Gold, my first time detecting there.

I asked permission to detect in this particular spot on private land so I am pretty happy with my first time there.

These two pieces weighed in at 2.02g combined.

The bigger piece sounded like a piece of wire and it blew up my headphones (almost) but when I raised the coil and swung again it made a more promising sound.

The gravels here are very very mineralised so ground balancing is not easy, very noisy even after balancing. The gold looks quite different to what I have been finding lately, I'm not sure how to describe it - gritty looking perhaps? Hopefully there will be some more to uncover soon!

1618043956_img_5930.jpg

Nice finds GJ :perfect: and a private permission is as good :Y: best of luck with your next visit :beer:

Goldfield Joe said:
Warrenmang Gold, my first time detecting there.

I asked permission to detect in this particular spot on private land so I am pretty happy with my first time there.

These two pieces weighed in at 2.02g combined.

The bigger piece sounded like a piece of wire and it blew up my headphones (almost) but when I raised the coil and swung again it made a more promising sound.

The gravels here are very very mineralised so ground balancing is not easy, very noisy even after balancing. The gold looks quite different to what I have been finding lately, I'm not sure how to describe it - gritty looking perhaps? Hopefully there will be some more to uncover soon!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3537/1618043956_img_5930.jpg

We find that bubbly gold usually where there's calcrete or limestone. It's very hard to detect with the GPX4500 and even the SDC usually ignores anything under about 0.3g

Latest posts