⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GJ what machine were you using, your signature says 4500 From my experience using GPX technology porous gold was/is hard to find unless you are pretty well smack on top of it (I've only ever used the NF Advantage coils) I found a piece similar to yours at a depth of 25mm to 40mm in pipeclay with the SDC (loud clear signal) I'd been well and truly over it with the 5000 and never got a variation. Curious to know if you picked it up with the 4500 and what depth.

Hello all.

Tried detecting around the Heathcote area multiple times for no gold.

Went for a family holiday at Easter and thought I would bring the detectors and sneak off for a quick swing.

Found a small section of diggings that no one obviously had gone over with the SDC.

Got lucky in a section about 100 meters long and 30 meters wide.

Found part of a bracelet and about 50 shotty pellets, very happy to find some colour.

1618615709_img_1910-min.jpg

1618615732_img_1911-min.jpg

Regards Anthony. :)

Young bloke got for a swing on the weekend first time for ages back to one of our spots amongst a lot of trash he did pretty good said it was hard to swing as was overgrown with spinifex and weeds everywhere lots of rusty tin/wire just shows persistence can be good cheers Muk.
1618810889_3e7865fb-59af-4124-9631-ff0e20638305.jpg

Yeah I was pretty disappointed I couldnt go with him had to do a heap of online inductions that just drive you crazy for a new job will be hanging to get out there as soon as I can cheers Muk.

RM Outback said:
GJ what machine were you using, your signature says 4500 From my experience using GPX technology porous gold was/is hard to find unless you are pretty well smack on top of it (I've only ever used the NF Advantage coils) I found a piece similar to yours at a depth of 25mm to 40mm in pipeclay with the SDC (loud clear signal) I'd been well and truly over it with the 5000 and never got a variation. Curious to know if you picked it up with the 4500 and what depth.

RM, sorry I did not notice your reply. I was using the 4500 and 12" Evo. I reckon it was maybe only 50-80mm down in fine wash gravel, I would say the gravels had been processed from the look of the way they are situated on the diggings.

The smaller piece was found in the same type of processed gravel, but this wash pile was very shallow, only 30mm on top of hard clay.

Latest posts