First Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks for letting me join, I live on the Yorke Peninsula in SA & have an X terra 705 Detector, about 2 years, had a bit of a play & I can say I'm the ring pull & tent peg king, mostly detecting when we are camping in the caravan. Getting ready to retire so will have some more free time, would like to get a PI detector to find my fist piece of gold. Looking forward to reading all the posts & building on my knowledge, thanks again,
VB Lindsay

Wishfull said:
VB Lindsay. Gday. another local Yorke Peninsula guy ! :D :D welcome to the best Prospecting forum on the Planet.

I'm CYP located.

What Make/model PI detector are you looking at getting ?

cheers

Thanks Pete, not sure yet on the Pi, Minister for war has put the brakes on for spending too much, so will research then
plead my case, any way any options any one has would be appreciated,
Cheers VB

Depends on your budget. SDC 2300 are selling for $4100 at Minelab atm I have one and wont be selling it. you can pick them up for around $3000 or a little less if your lucky second hand. but make sure its genuine, and before you buy get the receipts and serial number as proof of purchase from the seller. You can check with Minelab when you get the serial number as to who owns it. Minelab are my personal preference but each to their own.

I did have a GPX 4500 but it was gathering dust as I have very limited time and money to travel interstate. Damn good machine though. The SDC takes like 1 minute to set up and swing the 4500 4 mins or so. SDC folds up to 18 inches, 4500 not compact. Also have and Minelab Equinox 800 NOX for short. excellent machine again, now $1199.00. can be used for gold as well, but more of a treasure hunter...coins rings etc. although I'm yet to try mine gold detecting, others have with good results.

You shouldn't think your going to get rich quickly in this hobby, high chance you wont at all, a fair chance you may find some gold. Biggest tip is research as much as you can and then do some more.

Cheers

Wishfull said:
Depends on your budget. SDC 2300 are selling for $4100 at Minelab atm I have one and wont be selling it. you can pick them up for around $3000 or a little less if your lucky second hand. but make sure its genuine, and before you buy get the receipts and serial number as proof of purchase from the seller. You can check with Minelab when you get the serial number as to who owns it. Minelab are my personal preference but each to their own.

I did have a GPX 4500 but it was gathering dust as I have very limited time and money to travel interstate. Damn good machine though. The SDC takes like 1 minute to set up and swing the 4500 4 mins or so. SDC folds up to 18 inches, 4500 not compact. Also have and Minelab Equinox 800 NOX for short. excellent machine again, now $1199.00. can be used for gold as well, but more of a treasure hunter...coins rings etc. although I'm yet to try mine gold detecting, others have with good results.

You shouldn't think your going to get rich quickly in this hobby, high chance you wont at all, a fair chance you may find some gold. Biggest tip is research as much as you can and then do some more.

Cheers
Thanks

Latest posts