Hi from South Sydney

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, I am totally new to prospecting, but having recently retired, am looking forward to getting into it a bit. Equipment-wise, I have a home-designed & built PI detector, & some basic panning kit, so no serious competition coming from me, I guess. Feeling totally overwhelmed with all the regs & access issues, & can see myself inadvertently doing the wrong thing in the wrong place. Will be bugging you old hands for some advice on where to find an accessible free-to-all area to go trying out, & building some skills, hopefully. Looking at the multiple sources of information, like commercially-available maps & FCNSW website, hasn't been helping either.

Thanks for the welcome. The detector design was originally intended for my wreck-diving ventures many decades ago, and was optimised for use in seawater. I have since tweaked the damping and gating for land use, making it quite a bit more sensitive, but it has not seen any real field trials, to see how it stands up to highly mineralised soils. In all, it has cost less than $100 to construct, so who knows how it will go.

Hi All, I am totally new to prospecting, but having recently retired, am looking forward to getting into it a bit. Equipment-wise, I have a home-designed & built PI detector, & some basic panning kit, so no serious competition coming from me, I guess. Feeling totally overwhelmed with all the regs & access issues, & can see myself inadvertently doing the wrong thing in the wrong place. Will be bugging you old hands for some advice on where to find an accessible free-to-all area to go trying out, & building some skills, hopefully. Looking at the multiple sources of information, like commercially-available maps & FCNSW website, hasn't been helping either.
hi mate sunny corner just past lithgow got few bits and even 2 diamonds

Latest posts