What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only have one that is fully hatched Goodie but I can see (barely) through the observation window that a couple of eggs are pitting , thats where the chick is breaking through the shell.
Its day 16 of the hatch, and by day 18 I may have more out of their shell and any that havent hatch by day 20 probably wont..
Cant open the incubator until day 18-19 when the chicks feathers that have hatched are dry..also if I open the incubator and allow cool air to enter , it can cause the warm eggs that havent hatched to contract and shrink wrap the chick in the egg ..
:eek:
1611549922_fddf9332-91c1-42d3-a090-6d6732d7d456.jpg

RM Outback said:
Just got home from a fire down the road :| put out 2 x 600 litre tanks doing a bit of blacking out. Had to call it quits I've got to be out the door at midnight in the truck.

Here's a picture from Mt Hickey fire, I know the bloke who is spotting today and he saw me putting the fire unit on the ute and head out.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1610004327_img_20210107_182018.jpg

The thing that really pisses me off is there were 5 ignition points :mad: so now we have to put up with a scumbag fire bug. If I get hold of the person I'll try my best to be gentle :fistpump:

Just raced back to this fire :| reignition thankfully in the burnt area. Back home now the brigade had a crew on standby for the TFB and had it under control by the time I got there. I'm not happy even though it's the best outcome afterall while I was volunteering we raised funds for a thermal imaging camera so we didn't leave any hot spots :mad: I'll have a word to them next week at training. Today of all days isn't the day to be dealing with fires.

Just got back from a drive around the GT since weather was so bad.

Went through Talbot, Maryborough, Dunolly, Moliagul, Tarnagulla, Waanyarra, Clunes & Creswick.

Stopped at the Welcome Stranger monument & picked up a book at Coiltek Maryborough. Lunch at the Dunolly Bakery.

Plenty of water over the roads after all the rain.

Returned to a spot in Creswick where I had a deep signal. Used the long handle pick Prospector Pete kindly gave me. It made light work of the ground where I unearthed an excavator tooth.

So, a day of enlightenment & exploration given the horrible weather. Wife is chomping at the bit to get detecting!

Latest posts